HOLY COW !!!! We Have Snow !!!!!!

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MinisOutWest

Reaction score
for the past 3 days, it has been raining, sleeting, icing, and snowing. Well, we are about 400 ft below snow line and there is SNOW GALORE!!!!.
default_new_shocked.gif
the clouds are trying to separate. There has to be at least 3-4 ft up there!!!!!!! I am running around the house looking for my camera...... Agh it's been about 35-40 here , it is freezing.. we are normally ready to be around 100 because the state fair should be starting. our trees are all turning yellow and actually the leaves are just falling off. !!!!!

found the camera, ran outside on the deck and the clouds covered the snow up. shoot. I will keep trying to get pictures.

Last edited by a moderator:
for the past 3 days, it has been raining, sleeting, icing, and snowing. Well, we are about 400 ft below snow line and there is SNOW GALORE!!!!.
default_new_shocked.gif
the clouds are trying to separate. There has to be at least 3-4 ft up there!!!!!!! I am running around the house looking for my camera...... Agh it's been about 35-40 here , it is freezing.. we are normally ready to be around 100 because the state fair should be starting. our trees are all turning yellow and actually the leaves are just falling off. !!!!!
Please don't tell Al Gore. He would be terribly disappointed.

We don't have snow yet thank goodness but it was 35 degrees when I was out feeding this morning and I about froze!

I am just not ready for winter yet, especially a winter like last year!!!
default_sad.png

Susan O.

default_new_shocked.gif
O M G !!!! I echo Susan's comments...NOT ready for winter yet either! Last year was bad enough and we've had a terrible summer! We are enjoying some nice summer weather now though! Let's keep it that way awhile!
default_yes.gif

[SIZE=12pt]Angela, if that is any indicator we are in for another horrible one. I work in Durango Colorado and live in Mancos. I have to drive over the pass everyday to work and I'll tell ya, last winter was no picnic here. It was one of the worst snowfalls in the past 15-18 years
default_new_shocked.gif
Usually our winters here are relativley mild, snow fall yes but melted off in a day or two and spring thaws with 50 degree wheather and sunshine. No so last year. I just pray it doesn't repeat itself
default_ohnoes.jpg
default_ohnoes.jpg
[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]Joy[/SIZE]

PS Bill got out to Kansas fine with the Hot walker.

Thanks!

SNOW?!?! It's the middle of August! Seeing the early leaves changing is bad enough but 3-4 ft. of snow? Ugh! YOu can keep that where you are for a few more months.
default_wink.png

[SIZE=18pt] SNOW????????????? :DOH! :DOH! :DOH! [/SIZE][SIZE=10pt] ohhhh, I am so not ready for winter, especially like last year. I want fall...and I want it year around, now I dont think that is asking for that much do you?
default_wink.png
[/SIZE]

I would take some snow just now...just a little bit. We're into our first real hot spell of the summer 7 while I'm tired of all the rain we've had over the past few weeks, today I would appreciate a nice cool little snow storm...I'm funny that way, I'd like to have a bit of snow in July/August, and a little less snow in Dec. - Feb. !
default_wink.png

Um, er....we have been over 100 degrees here for the last week, trade ya just for a little bit?

default_new_shocked.gif
Please don't tell Al Gore. He would be terribly disappointed.

This is a classic example of what gobal warming does. Al Gore knows this. You should read up on it through some of the Science magazines...might be suprised at what Gobal warming really means.

I'm not going to even TOUCH the Al Gore subject!
default_laugh.png

But SNOW??? That is weird........ We're suffering here in over 100 degree humidity!!!!
default_wacko.png

[SIZE=18pt] I want fall...and I want it year around, now I dont think that is asking for that much do you?
default_wink.png
[/SIZE]
Oh I sooo agree with you. Spring is too messy, summer is too hot and both are too buggy!!!! and winter is...well... WINTER! But Fall is lovely(or can be if it doesn't rain all the time) Cool enough to enjoy being out on those sunny days, the scenery is WOW with all the leaves changing colour and the air actually TASTES sweeter. Fall is absolutely my favorite season of all (unless it forgets to stop raining
default_wink.png
;) ) I don't think year round fall is too much to ask at all!
default_biggrin.png
default_wink.png

I'm SO READY for winter!!! Winter means rain here and we need it! Though, we have been catching up over the last two weeks!

default_new_shocked.gif
SNOW!!!!! I'm just one state over from you! YIKES!!!!!

It's been in the high 50's or low 60's in the a.m. but in the 80's during the day (actually perfect weather here)...... but very dry..... we could use some rain.

I can't BELIEVE you have snow! I want to see some pictures!!

Yeah... kinda scarey how our earth is slowly changing!

I was watching a while back on the discovery channel and they said in 50 years we will be in a ice age.

I don't even want to think about that!
default_wacko.png

Snow how neet, I am so ready for winter its been 115 or more here in Arizona. And I ask myself Daily why do I live Here.

GO FIGURE!!!! It was 34 this morning and at 1pm- IT WAS 82 !!!!!
default_cheeky-smiley-006.gif
THE SNOW IS GONE!!!!!
default_cheeky-smiley-006.gif
Literally, living up here, the weather changes so fast, but I just put my overalls up only at the end of May when it was snowing and froze out our alfalfa, so we are hoping the alfalfa for our second cutting now didnt get frozen too bad to kill it again. Wonder if we are going to get more snow? Hope not until April of next year, cause when it snows, it SNOWS and sticks around forever. YUCK. I remember this winter/spring- it snowed for 13 weeks, I hated it, I would only be happy living ON THE EQUATOR !!!!!! So don't laugh at me if I drive up to the Nationals Show with my snow boots on !!!!
default_new_rofl.gif

With our global warming weather patterns have changed so much. I am in Central TX and its been in the 80s the last few days. We had record highs and now are into record lows. Not to mention the huge amounts of rain we have rec'd the last few days as well. You know things are off when its warmer in Canada then it is here.

LOL, Shawna..... In a couple of months we will all KNOW why we live here... I dont own snow tires or chains, dont have to store a snow shovel, sled, skis or a snow blower. Dont have to worry about making that turn while on my way to work on icy roads. Can get by with a light jacket or sweatshirt much of the time. Dont have to thaw water buckets, or worry about my engine freezing up. Don't have to put on 7 layers of clothes to stay warm or worry about putting on the emergency brake and have the truck freeze up for days. Best of all, I can drive horses and ride all winter long til late May or early June!! Then in the summer, time to go swimming, boating, hiking in the mountains and other 'summer activities'.

No cabin fever for me! I would go NUTS (ok, well that's a short trip anyhow for me) in about 4 hours if I had to stay locked inside... been there, done that once, and don't think I ever fully recovered, LOL

Latest posts

Back