HOLY COW ! I HAD TO DELIVERY A BABY

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Linda K

Reaction score
Panic mode set in about 1:30 this afternoon. I just got home from my beauty shop, not home 5 minutes. Turned on the TV to check out the horses that were up, and there was angel eyes down. The one day I dont take the camera system to the shop with me to watch. She was doing weird stuff, like rolling on her back with legs straight up. Then she would get up , then back down. I called Erica at work to see if she was watching her. She had just got in from lunch and hadnt gotten mare stare back up on her computer. I took off to the barn. When I got up there , angel was pushing pretty hard , and there was a bubble about as big as a softball with ONE FOOT sideways. Erica called and was on her way home. But thats at least 15 minutes. PANIC
default_new_shocked.gif
and I didnt know what to do. Erica was trying to talk me through it , but I was so scared. Tears were coming by then. I was really afraid if I broke the bubble and couldnt get the other foot and head out it would die for sure. After about 10-15 minutes I grabbed a towel and pulled on the one little leg when Angel would push and I could not find the other. Finally I saw it was on top of head. This is Angels first baby, and I guess it was a pretty tight fit. Once I got the other foot and pulled the head started out. All I could see was a purple tounge hanging out the mouth, I ripped open the sack and started slapping its face and cleaning out the mouth and nose. Thank the lord , eyes opened and the little head started to shake........... About that time Erica walked in the stall. I was a nervous wreck. My hands were shaking and my eyes all teared up. I told Erica I didnt even want to think of the day she had a child , Man I am telling you I dont think I can take it !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anyway, Angel has a beutiful baby Boy. Looks to be a smutty buckskin. Erica is at the barn now and I think taking a few pictures of him. I told her not to even think about selling that little one, he is now like my little grandson............
default_wub.png

Hope I never have that scared feeling again. Maybe some pictures will be posted later..
default_laugh.png

Linda Killion

Oh my gosh, Linda!!!!
love0034.gif

I can picture every thing reading your post and it choked me up too!!! You did so good!!! One of the hugs Erica needs to give you is from ME!!!!
love0075.gif

This is a foal I cannot wait to see. I know Angel is very special to Erica
cloud9.gif

Great job Linda!!! I think my Mom would have totally freaked out! lol. Erica is lucky to have you! Can't wait to see the little cutie!

*gulp* OMG! I welled up reading this.

A HUGE congrats.
default_smile.png
) I can not wait to see you new grandson!!!

~Sandy

edited to add... and born on MY 50th birthday!!!!
default_laugh.png
Cool dude for sure! hehe

Last edited by a moderator:
Congratulations Linda and Erica!

Linda you did a terrific job. I know how it feels when things just aren't going like they should. It sure gets your heart pumping. Erica is lucky to have you help watching over her mares.

Can't wait to see pictures of this special little (grandson) colt.

Thanks Jill. Angel is very special, and so is this little one. shes such a good mom too. I'm sure I was making her a nervous wreck too. I just kept saying "its okay, Erica will be her soon", ............ I really wonder what she was thinking ??

Just glad its over and everything went well, at least the outcome went well. You can see both of them on mare stare now. He has the prettiest litlle head. Got to start putting some names to some of these babies though.

Oh , Erica got a call from Glen Rose today about how Echo did........... I dont know all the classes she was in, but she won all the grands and will be going in for surpreme champion. You will have to ask her about it.

Linda

Congratulations! Sounds like you had a good first delivery tryout. You'll be a pro from now on
default_saludando.gif
default_saludando.gif

Glad erverything worked out for you.

Hey Linda, you can come and help me when the time comes. We have one at day 329. She is a maiden so no telling what will happen. Congratulations on a job well done. Hmmmmm.......Erica is going to have to come up with a special name for your grandson.

Hey Bonnie,

I dont think I am much good under that kind of pressure. I guess when you know somthing has to be done , you just find a way to get it done. It could have been worse. It could have come backwards. I have read some of the situations people have on the forum, and my heart goes out to them. I really didnt know what kind of a situation I was in, and all I could do was think of the stories I have read, and wonder if this was going to be one of them. Thankfully it wasnt too bad. Good thing about where you are located is Terri is close enough to help out. Maybe everything will go text book for you ..
default_wink.png

Linda

Panic mode set in about 1:30 this afternoon. I just got home from my beauty shop, not home 5 minutes. Turned on the I was a nervous wreck. My hands were shaking and my eyes all teared up. I told Erica I didnt even want to think of the day she had a child , Man I am telling you I dont think I can take it !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Awesome job, Linda!
default_aktion033.gif
It's scary being responsible for these lives isn't it? But don't worry, if and when Erica has babies, I doubt that you will have deliver them.
default_biggrin.png
Though, with as much delivery experience as Erica already has, she may just deliver them on her own, lol!
default_yes.gif

Yes, Terri and Jay have already told me tho call no matter what the time and they are only 10 minutes away.

Magic, Now thats funny
default_laugh.png

You know, you could be right about that ! "IF" that day ever comes..........................
default_wub.png

Linda

I forgot to tell you earlier on the phone before we got disconnected---I had faith you could do it when needed!! Congrats you did good!
default_aktion033.gif

Wow! What poise under pressure!
default_new_shocked.gif
Fantastic job "grandma"
default_laugh.png

Can't wait to see pics, I hear he's beautiful!!

Congratulations on a great delivery job - heart stopping no matter how many you have been through. (And Happy Birthday Sandy!
default_smile.png
)

Jan

Linda

You did wonderfully under pressure and dont worry when it is the human grandbaby you will be even more paniced I know I was. I missed the first one as had another grandchild I was watching at the time got there in time to see him wheeled back to Jodis room for the second I was right there getting my finger broken. She came out with her head sideways and sort of a blue color which surely alarmed me but as soon as she took a breath she howled and turned bright pinkand I didnt have to do anything but be there. You did greatand will do fine when its a human grandchild I know. Congratulations on a great save and for being there when needed. Hes handsome but then all the Erica foals are. ((((HUGS)))) grandma

Nita

Latest posts

Back