Holy cow. Guys, I feel really bad.

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dr. Pam

Reaction score
I did this as tounge in cheek before we left to go out to dinner--just watched "Knocked Up" this past weekend. I am overwhelmed by your show of support--you guys are the best. Elle is the 2 year old daughter of my multiple Champion mare SR Desert Sun; Ray is the 2 year old son of Stoney Ridge Desert Rose.

I NEVER breed 2 year olds, and have been so careful with Ray, even though he has been very immature (his mom was still letting him nurse through the fence as an early 2 year old!!!! :DOH! ) When I finally accepted the fact that Elle has to be pregnant, I talked to the boys who do chores for me. Seems a gate was left open this summer and Ray spent some quality time with the girls. I now need to check everyone and file a stallion report.

Elle:

2007DaffyandArea5020.jpg

Crystal:

2007DaffyandArea5004.jpg

Ray:

HeadshotRay.jpg

[SIZE=12pt] When I read the other post my first thought was "knocked up" was not really a tasteful term, glad it's a horse, I guess
default_unsure.png
...Nikki[/SIZE]

ROTFLMAO!!!! Not about what happened, but I just went and read the other post!!!! LOL Ohhhhh, that's a very nasty trick!!
default_biggrin.png

Sorry to hear about that....hope everything goes ok!!

Ohhhh, and if you need a new home for Elle....
default_wub.png
default_wub.png

~kathryn

Nikki, I never meant to offend. I'm sorry. Part of this stems from finding out our High School is ranked 5th in the state for teen pregnancy. I talk a LOT to the kids who hang out here, including making smart choices. We were joking about Elle's lack of judgement and how now she is going to have a hard time passing her "driving school" with the rest of the 2 year olds this winter.

default_no.gif
Marty, can I offer a trade? You get the baby and I'll take Timmy so he can reform Ray. I'd rather have him tipping cows
default_sad.png

Been there, done that as far as unplanned pregnancies with my ponies. I hope all goes well for your girl and that she makes a fabulous mother even though she is young.

Well Dr. Pam you got me, I guess it was funny.

Some people where very open with replies

Will not be so fast to reply from now on, just in case. :DOH!

As long as my 2 year old seems healthy, and will be 3 before birthing, I breed....

Last edited by a moderator:
Hmmmm....guess I spend too much time around the horses. That was my first thought so I didn't comment on the other thread......I figured you were talking about horses.
default_yes.gif
default_biggrin.png

I never responded to your first post because I didn't agree with the other posters assuming it was your daughter. When I first read the post, I had a feeling it was one of your animals. I couldn't really imagine you referring to your daughter as "knocked up." In comparison, I'm glad it's a filly and not your child!

Well goes to show how much I know! :DOH! The "schoolwork" part threw me off. Hope all goes well with her foaling out.
default_saludando.gif

I am laughing so hard!!! I also thought this was your daughter you were referring to!!!
default_biggrin.png
default_biggrin.png

Crikey! From the way the other post was worded I didn't think it was your daughter and an animal of yours never crossed my mind. I thought "she" was a relative of some sort, or a foster child but I never even thought of a horse.

OMG I thought that was it for Pete's sake! But after reading all the posts I thought I must be wrong..all I can say is I'm SO glad and I know all will go well
default_biggrin.png

Maxine

Ah hahaha! Well at least we don't have to worry about her falling behind in "school." Seriously though, you have my best wishes--sometimes pregnant young mares are just as scary as pregnant young girls. And I hope you get on Roy to play an active part in this foal's life!
default_wink.png

I did read the other thread and I thought...is she talking about a step-daughter?...I thought the post was kinda wierd sounding (If you had been talking about a person)...however, now that I know it's a horse it all makes sense.

Is that the "accident" Lance daughter?

Oh My,,,

I AM glad it is a horsie and not a girlie! Working at a high school,,, I am surprised there aren't more babies around! WOW! I think it was funny Dr Pam! Glad everything is fine!

default_new_shocked.gif
HAHAHAHAHA....I did reply on the other thread (read through it fast and assumed it was a step daughter)...and I still stand by my reply!!! Your "girl"can still have a bright future after giving birth.
default_wink.png
Still laughing!!!
default_aktion033.gif

Latest posts

Back