HOF plaques

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

minih

Reaction score
We were to get a HOF plaque this last November at convention, no plaque, apparently, I finally found out that our horses name was left off the list to have a plaque made after we received the invitation to attend the breakfast. I have been told that there were several others this happened to, wondering if it is someone from the forum.....

Im so sorry that happened to you. I can only imagine how disappointing that would be.

Kay

Thanks Kay, the really aggravating part of it is I have been told I will have to wait until later in the year when they send in another order for plaques. The man that prints them only does them a group at a time??? This is our first HOF that we have shown, groomed, finished in 2 years all on our own. I was really looking forward to this. I have been a squeaky wheel and have been told I am the only one wanting my plaque now.

I feel since it was their fault they should be happy to fix it, quickly. We donated a plaque for Nationals and it was engraved incorrectly. I hurried home, corrected it and mailed it the person who won the plaque asap. It was my fault for not double checking. I think I deserve the same service. I'm just glad I did not make a trip to convention and then not receive my plaque.

why do they do hof two times - i would think they would get them all the first time - doesn't make any sense to do it two different times.

The answer I got was they run the program early enough before Covention to get the plaques made to be handed out at Convention. Then they run it again, I think they said in January, to get the ones that finished their HOF after Convention. Then the plaques are mailed out to those people.

As of this morning, January 26th, mine is the only one she emailed to ask if he would do now. I was told they would not do any more until later in the year. I did not ask how much later. So I know there are not any more going out in January. I have been asking about mine since the Monday after convention.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, I was one who DID make the trip to convention expecting to receive our Hall Of Fame plaque. I did not receive it.

However, the reason there are 2 runs is so that the earlier shows can get theris at convention -- while the 2nd run accomodates thoses shows that run late.??

The reason we did not get our plaque was that due to results from an August show here in Canada being lost somehow?? in the mail?? or at the border ?? --( I have been given both those reasons ) -- and so the whole thing had to be re-done -- so the AMHR office did not get the results in time for the first run.

I was also told by someone at convention that it was June or later last year when they finally recieved theirs.

I guess Terri, it is only a big deal to those of us that it happens to.

I can appreciate that things happen -- and if they have the reults to the office in 30 days -- that puts an August show into September -- and if the papers are another 30 days late -- that makes it October & the convention is the first week in November -- so ours really was not the fault of the AMHR office .

But, I was told at convention that it would be mid-year before we would receive it -- by then the year is 1/2 over so the thrill is pretty well gone from that award . Like the time effort & money spent to earn it.

So, I have not even called the office to ask about it.

However, I can sympathize with you.!! It was very disappointing.

while I have owned HOF horses I have never put a HOF on a horses myself (yet) I cannot imagine going to convention to get my plaque and it not being there. Just horrible!! I was talking to someone a month ago about what a huge deal the HOF used to be. I was told now its done at convention with very little fanfare. We (the registry) need to wake up and treat these people with the respect they deserve for working so hard with their horse (and the money they spent at shows getting that horse there) I previously talked to another person that this was their first convention and their first HOF and they did not get their plaque either.

With the economy the way it is, memberships down etc we need to be encouraging and rewarding people! Not causing major disappointment and bad feelings.

I dont care what it takes they should have their plaques now not later

Have any of you contacted your director?

Have any of you contacted your director?
No, not yet....I do have a letter typed up and ready to shoot if off, but I wanted to give AMHR a chance at clearing this up. I think I am at that point.

working so hard with their horse (and the money they spent at shows getting that horse there)
For me and my family, these horses are a very expensive hobby that takes up a lot of our lives in every way. I love it, don't get me wrong, just trying to explain how much this does mean.

Last edited by a moderator:
We didnt recieve our plaque either. It is disappointing not to have gotten it by now. But well see what happens. I guess I ought to call amhr too and let them know.

Latest posts

Back