Hmmm Did ya'all hear what Biden said

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OhHorsePee

Reaction score
Ok, I am serious. I am never surprised anymore what comes out of some of these people's mouths! I am to a point where I have to laugh no matter who is saying what because this election is just rediculous!! IMHO If Dick Clark would do a blooper over it he could spread it out for years to come.

Without further ado here is the latest thing to make me go "ha." Say again Joe!

Biden: If Elected, The World Will Test Obama With A Crisis

by Aaron Bruns

SEATTLE, WA — Joe Biden says he’s certain that if Barack Obama is elected president, there will be an international crisis to test his strength within the first 6 months of his presidency.

“Mark my words. It will not be six months before the world tests Barack Obama like they did John Kennedy. The world is looking. We’re about to elect a brilliant 47-year-old senator president of the United States of America.” he told a fundraising crowd in the Pacific Northwest on Sunday. “Remember I said it standing here if you don’t remember anything else I said. Watch, we’re gonna have an international crisis, a generated crisis, to test the mettle of this guy.”

“He’s gonna have to make some really tough - I don’t know what the decision’s gonna be, but I promise you it will occur. As a student of history and having served with seven presidents, I guarantee you it’s gonna happen.”

The Delaware Senator made similar remarks at a San Francisco fundraiser the day before. “We’re going to face a major international challenge. Because they’re going to want to test him, just like they did young John Kennedy. They’re going to want to test him. And they’re going to find out this guy’s got steel in his spine,” Biden said. He told the crowd to continue to stand by Obama and know they made the right choice even when the going gets tough.

The Democratic VP nominee has talked about the difficult environment the next president, no matter who he is, will step into — calling it the toughest since the Great Depression — but never before suggested that Obama in particular would be tested because of who he is.

The RNC and the McCain campaign both jumped on the remarks - with the McCain campaign claiming Biden guaranteed an international crisis in the event of an Obama election. South Carolina Senator and top McCain adviser Lindsey Graham already used the remark against the Obama campaign while introducing the Arizona Senator this morning.

In response, Biden spokesman David Wade says “Sen. Biden was making it clear that history has shown Presidents face challenges starting on day one, and with our nation fighting two wars and 21st century threats abroad, we know that we need steady leadership in tumultuous times, not the erratic lurching and stubborn ideology of John McCain.”

This just touched base on what he said, there was alot more from what I've heard, but I have yet to verify it...the above statements are wierd in themselves, but there are other things that he supposedly said that are outright scarey...I'm not going to post them until I find out the truth though...I heard them through word of mouth. If what I was told is true...all I can say is WOW...

I said in another post....either he really is the twit I always thought he was or he is a descent man trying to get out of something that he thinks isn't "right"...time will tell...and the truth...I want some answers!

I think something like this will happen no matter who we elect, because that's the way of the world. Do we ever go 6-8 months without some kind of crisis hitting us?

I think something like this will happen no matter who we elect, because that's the way of the world. Do we ever go 6-8 months without some kind of crisis hitting us?
I'm truly sitting here and trying to figure out what kind of crisis has hit us every 6-8 months since 9/11. Until the economic disaster now. I'm sorry, my mind is a blank I can't think if anything. Please enlighten me as we should have had quite a few.

I think something like this will happen no matter who we elect, because that's the way of the world
I understand what you are saying lowrise.....and that is true, I do believe new presidents are tested to a certain extent....but it wasn't a casual statement that he made...he went on about it a bit..then I heard he said that he shouldn't of said it because the press was there (don't know if that is acurate or not)...Why in the world would he even say something like this? I find it very strange.

I would really like to hear the audio tape of him saying whatever he said, not a transcript on the internet...so I can decide for myself if this was just a stupid casual statement or not.....I must say, it bothers me much more than Palin saying she can see Russia from Alaska (while she was struggling to justify her experience)...and I think it should bother others as well.

Did a little researching...edited to add: Biden obviously feels that whatever Obama's course of action (to these attacks) will not be popular with Americans...hence he says , stick with us even when the polls show we are down...WOW...what do you suppose he will do that will be so unpopular???? I can't even begin to imagine...I hope Obama supporters are listening to their vp candidate...I think he might be trying to tell you something (whether he meant to or not)!

Last edited by a moderator:
Basically as I was saying here: http://www.miniaturehorsetalk.com/index.php?showtopic=100564

I think with Obama in office, we will be tested for four years by those who hate our Nation. I think a lot of things will be tried with Obama, who is inexperienced in the matters of foreign policy and defense, that would NOT be tried with McCain. Bush kept us safe from any further attacks after 9/11 and that didn't happen by talking nice to those who despise us.

. . .

To further reflect on Biden's sentiments, he also is on record as saying the following about Obama:

[SIZE=12pt][/SIZE]

"I think he can be ready, but right now I don't believe he is. The presidency is not something that lends itself to on-the-job training."

Jill, you are/were right! As I said in the other thread ( I never doubt you when it comes to politics!)

Thanks appylover2, I'm going to find it...hope it works on my dial up
default_whistling.gif
I'll be doing this while it downloads...thankyou for all your informative posts.

“Mark my words. It will not be six months before the world tests Barack Obama like they did John Kennedy. The world is looking.
What was the test that John Kennedy got in the first six months?

What immediately occurred to me on hearing the Biden remarks? That it was a 'cover your tail' BEFORE the fact....and that it was indeed, a VERY ODD thing to say????

Margo

Most of the "experts" seem to agree with him. And I agree with them when they say it certainly isn't something a Vice Presidential candidate should be telling the American public. I guess, for me, it's the "ignorance is bliss" thing. I'd personally rather not have it laid in our laps like it was.

Latest posts

Back