Himalayan Salt Lamps

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

user 488

Reaction score
Does anyone out there have a Himalayan Salt Lamp? I have heard a lot of good things about them but some negative as well.......like sweating and the cord winds up in a pool of salt water. Just looking for some input as they intrigue me.

Carol

hsl.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
If it is humid, they sweat salt water..

I had one that you place a candle in.. not impressed.

They are good in a salt grinder onto food...
LOL! Well I guess I got some good feedback! I had heard they sweat in humidity. With the electrical components at the bottom of the lamp it sounds kind of dangerous to me. I would think the elements would also corrode from the salt. Oh well................Thanks!

The Amazon reviews looked pretty good, though!! If you end up getting one, let us know how it worked out!

I was going to order 3 or 4 until I thought about the sweating. Think I will do one and see how it goes. I will let you know!
default_smile.png

We've had one beside the bed for 5+ years. It's on 24/7 and we've never had an issue with it (never heard of the sweating thing, but we do have air conditioning and our home never gets above 70 degrees).

Thanks Matt! :) Do you remember who the manufacturer was or where you got it? I imagine that would make a big difference. My house doesn't get over 70 either.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Carol
default_smile.png

We got ours in town (Petrolia). There isn't a make/manufacturer printed on it. Sorry. We love ours, though. We leave it on at night, but cover it with a drape to make the room dark. We use a very low watt bulb.

They look intriguing but what is the point of them? Are there health benefits or more for decoration. In the summer our house is definitely above 70 so it wouldn't work here.

Latest posts

Back