Himalayan Salt Blocks

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

afoulk

Reaction score
I thought I would try a new salt block that my feed mill started carrying. It is a Himalayan Salt Lick. My horses seem to like it and are using it. It does not break off or dissolve like a regular salt block. While it seems a little pricey there doesn't appear to be any waste and they can't break it off in chunks so it lasts alot longer. For me I believe it is a keeper product.

Has anyone else seen or tried it?

Arlene

One of my litlle ones has a himalaya salt stone, he loves it so much!!!

my big one has now a Lik-it with himalaya stone but does not touch it so I will take that one off and give it to another mini!

I'll have to ask around and see if any of my feed stores carry that or can get it in, i've not heard of it before but it does sound like something well worth the try.

Thanks Arlene
default_smile.png

Found this link..looks neat.. http://www.smartpakequine.com/ProductClass...uctClassId=4870

Last edited by a moderator:
Glad to hear a review on this, I'd looked at them in a catalog and considered ordering. Haven't seen the Himalayan salt at local feed stores although Whole Foods has carried it for several years as usable salt, salt lamps/candle holders and a few other things. Pricey there, yes!

Jan

I tried one once, a non-horsey relative sent it to me as a christmas gift
default_laugh.png
. I had completely forgoten about it. As I remember, it woked well, be we never bothered to buy another, they were not sold locally, and not worth the hassle of ordering special. It would be handy to have on hand though, as I have one horse who loves to "melt" salt blocks when stalled.

I've been looking at them because my horses and goats like to dump the brick on their water buckets after breaking them out of the holder. However, I know my 2 boys would figure a way to make either a weapon of a toy out of them. I can see them racing across the pasture with the salt on a rope twirling from their mouths.

Ive been looking at them but didnt want to try them at the price they are asking here for them.

I have large and small horses that like to sit there and paw the salt lick until it breaks into chunks.

I also have 1 of each that will bite them while in their stalls if they are attached to the wall or put into a bucket.

I might actually try it after reading this for a couple of my better behaved guys.

Here in europe were I live we see a lot of Himalaya salt stones...it's very strong and for us easy to clean!

I suggest that you all try it once?
default_smile.png

Latest posts

Back