Himalayan Black Rock Salt

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LittleRibbie

Reaction score
Schneiders Catalog Page 55....says its an effectice supplement for improved equine digestion...unrefined mineral salt combined w/herbal extract, shows encouraging results in colic prevention. 2.2lbs. = $19.95. Just wondering if you think this might be a lot of "selling B.S." in order to sell for alot more $$ or if there might be some validity to it. My horses seem to drink plenty of water and I just use a regular mineral block that I actually just leave in their feed bucket....it keeps them from eatting too quickly because they sort of have to eat around it, but I'm not sure if thats really the best thing to do either. Thanks for any thoughts, heidi

Yep, "gourmet ripoff" I think. But people will buy anything you can talk 'em into!

Andrea

We get himalayan rock salt, not black, the regular kind. We only get it for our minis. The reason we do this is because our minis eat the regular salt blocks too fast. The himalayans slow them down so they dont go threw them so fast.

ETA: The regular himalayan salt, not the black, are much cheaper
default_yes.gif

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back