Hillary or Obama ???

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
QUESTION TIME !!!!!!!!!!!

If Hillary wins, does that make Bill the first lady ???
default_new_shocked.gif
default_new_shocked.gif
default_new_shocked.gif

I will vote for Obama in the Oregon primary, but will proudly vote for either him or Hillary in the National election....ANYTHING but more Republican fraud!

My true vote, however, would have been for John Edwards.

Personally, I'm disturbed by Obama's umm....former alliances.

He may have denounced him, but if you ask me, there's still a lot of that "preaching" that probably was taken to heart.

I don't feel particularly interested in Hillary, either, at this point.

Just NO WAY to Obama. He frightens me, for the same reasons Bush does now. Fundamental (kooky) religious beliefs have no place in the white house.

Liz

OMG,,, ANYTHING will be better the semi conscience idiot that we have had for 8 years. Who in my opinion is to blame for 4000 plus american soldier deaths to make more money for the oil companies.
I totally agree, I also do not feel America can handle another Republican in office at this point and time. They are killing us!

GO HILLARY!

[SIZE=12pt]At this point in time, my vote goes with Obama. I'll continue to watch, learn and listen until November, but H&$$ would freeze over before I would vote for McBush..oops, sorry, I mean McCain
default_rolleyes.gif
[/SIZE]

I dont like any of the candidates republican or democrat
default_sad.png
What a lousy choice we have this election. Really disturbing I think. Im democrat but have no faith in Hilary or Obama. And the republican choice?? Ughhhh

I am so disappointed that the democrats put up two people who if you look at it honestly will not ever be elected. I wish the world was different but its not. They may as well skipped the election, saved the billions of dollars and handed it to the republicans unfortunately

I got that email too Mary Lou,
default_new_rofl.gif

I'm not thrilled with any of the candidates. I would love to see a woman in the white house, just don't think this is the one for the job. I don't trust her - or Obama for that matter.

Republicans could have done better than McCain. I think most of the honorable people who are qualified for the job are too smart to want it!

Jan

OMG,,, ANYTHING will be better the semi conscience idiot that we have had for 8 years. Who in my opinion is to blame for 4000 plus american soldier deaths to make more money for the oil companies.
I totally agree, I also do not feel America can handle another Republican in office at this point and time. They are killing us!

GO HILLARY!
I debated on whether or not to post the following. Don't get me wrong, I take sending our service men off to war seriously. As a former service man in this country I am very proud of our military.

Somewhere along the way I feel that most Democrats have short memories. Can we afford another Democrat war.

First to put some things in prospective. There were 39 combat related killings in Iraq in January. In the fair city of Detroit there were 35 murders in the month of January. That's just one American city, about as deadly as the entire war-torn country of Iraq.

When some claim that President Bush shouldn't have started this war, tell them the following:

FDR (DEMOCRAT) led us into World War II.

Germany never attacked us; Japan did. From 1941-1945, 450,000 lives were lost ... an average of 112,500 per year.

Truman (DEMOCRAT) finished that war and started one in Korea. North Korea never attacked us. From 1950-1953, 55,000 lives were lost ... an average of 18,334 per year.

John F. Kennedy (DEMOCRAT) started the Vietnam conflict in 1962.

Vietnam never attacked us.

Johnson (DEMOCRAT) turned Vietnam into a quagmire.

From 1965-1975, 58,000 lives were lost ... an average of 5,800 per year.

Clinton (DEMOCRAT) went to war in Bosnia without UN or French consent. Bosnia never attacked us. He was offered Osama bin Laden's head on a platter three times by Sudan and did nothing. Osama has attacked us on multiple occasions.

In the years since terrorists attacked us, President Bush has liberated two countries, crushed the Taliban, crippled al-Qaida, put nuclear inspectors in Libya, Iran, and, North Korea without firing a shot, and captured a terrorist who slaughtered 300,000 of his own people. And the Democrats are complaining about how long the war is taking.

The biased media hopes we are too ignorant to realize the facts.

Last edited by a moderator:
Neil,

What you have said is what I'd have liked to if I were as good with words. What you said about the media especially rings true with me. The media does a huge disservice to the American public.

Another thing is with all the social programs democrats are known for, expect higher taxes and anyone sitting on some capital gains right now may seriously want to think about (and speak to an advisor regarding) cashing in while you can still do so at 15%.

Jill

I debated on whether or not to post the following. Don't get me wrong, I take sending our service men off to war seriously. As a former service man in this country I am very proud of our military.

Somewhere along the way I feel that most Democrats have short memories. Can we afford another Democrat war.

First to put some things in prospective. There were 39 combat related killings in Iraq in January. In the fair city of Detroit there were 35 murders in the month of January. That's just one American city, about as deadly as the entire war-torn country of Iraq.

When some claim that President Bush shouldn't have started this war, tell them the following:

Germany never attacked us; Japan did. From 1941-1945, 450,000 lives were lost ... an average of 112,500 per year.

Truman (DEMOCRAT) finished that war and started one in Korea. North Korea never attacked us. From 1950-1953, 55,000 lives were lost ... an average of 18,334 per year.

Clinton (DEMOCRAT) went to war in Bosnia without UN or French consent. Bosnia never attacked us. He was offered Osama bin Laden's head on a platter three times by Sudan and did nothing. Osama has attacked us on multiple occasions.

In the years since terrorists attacked us, President Bush has liberated two countries, crushed the Taliban, crippled al-Qaida, put nuclear inspectors in Libya, Iran, and, North Korea without firing a shot, and captured a terrorist who slaughtered 300,000 of his own people. And the Democrats are complaining about how long the war is taking.

Thank you for having the nerve to say this. I didn't. The stage was set for this war by the Clinton administration long before it actually started.

Hillary Clinton is nothing but a liar. They all tell you what YOU want to hear but she is the worst. Sometimes I don't even feel like voting which is NOT the way to think at all. All I know I would not vote for a Clinton. The country has had enough of them. If I voted Democrat at all it would be for Obama. I am undecided which way to go.

Yeah Neil, I agree!!

Its funny how everyone gripes about Bush but who voted him in?? They were all for him, but then when things get tough he is the biggest pain!! Like a marriage in sickness and in health, well its alot better when things are going good and not so much when they arent but you are supposed to still stick with the marriage!! Dont start bad mouthing it and saying its the worst thing to ever happen!!

He doesnt do anything without it being approved, what about all those senators, congress etc. They let things in like the war then say later, "we never wanted to go to war"!!

Bush does not hold a magic button that he can push whenever he wants and to do whatever he wants...

We went to War to try to stop a terrorist who killed so many over here during 911.. So many thought that a good idea at that time... HUmmmmmm

I am not saying I want men or women to die in war but I will say military people sign up for that life. They know what MIGHT happen ( war) and are ready to fight for their country, if not then dont join the military. I mean thats like being a mother but saying I am only a mother in good times, not when my kids are puking, pooping, screaming etc... it is part of the job...

I would love for a woman to be president, just not THIS woman!! The Clintons have shown us all that they are as dishonest as they come, Why would you want someone like that BACK in office??

One thing for Bush, you havent seen that he has had anyone killed so they couldnt testify against him, he hasnt had many affairs, lied all his life,been involved in lawsuits for BAD things, etc...

He is not a great public speaker but that doesnt mean he is dumb, everyone has their strengths, and Bill Clinton was the biggest butt kisser, great Liar, I mean public speaker and so is his wife..

I would love to have Condaliza Rice in as president but of course she wont run, that is the way it always goes!!

I do not trust Obama, his background and beliefs are too sketchy,pastor? muslim ??? he has now denounced this pastor who had so much influence on him... Hummmmm of course he has when people start questioning it...

I dont care what color or gender someone is.. The right person has to have values, and honesty and the will to run this country, not be on a power trip...

After reading through this thread this morning, Hubby asked me to post this email he received from a good while back.

Here goes:

-------------------------------

Subject: In Just One Year.

In Just one year - - -

This email comes in three parts:

Part 1

In just one year. Remember the election in 2006? Thought you might like to read the following:

A little over one year ago:

1) Consumer confidence stood at a 2 1/2 year high;

2) Regular gasoline sold for $2.19 a gallon;

3) The unemployment rate was 4.5%.

Since voting in a Democratic Congress in 2006 we have seen:

1) Consumer confidence plummet;

2) The cost of regular gasoline soar to over $3.50 a gallon;

3) Unemployment is up to 5% (a 10% increase);

4) American households have seen $2.3 trillion in equity value evaporate (stock and mutual fund losses);

5) Americans have seen their home equity drop by $1.2 trillion dollars;

6) 1% of American homes are in foreclosure.

America voted for change in 2006, and we got it! Remember, it's Congress that makes law not the President. He has to work with what's handed to him.

Quote of the Day........'My friends, we live in the greatest nation in the history of the world. I hope you'll join with me as we try to change it.' -- Barack Obama

Part 2:

Taxes...Whether Democrat or a Republican you will find these statistics enlightening and amazing.

www.taxfoundation.org/publications/show/151.html

Taxes under Clinton

Single making 30K - tax $8,400

Single making 50K - tax $14,000

Single making 75K - tax $23,250

Married making 60K - tax $16,800

Married making 75K - tax $21,000

Married making 125K - tax $38,750

Taxes under Bush 2008

Single making 30K - tax $4,500

Single making 50K - tax $12,500

Single making 75K - tax $18,750

Married making 60K- tax $9,000

Married making 75K - tax $18,750

Married making 125K - tax $31,250

Both democratic candidates will return to the higher tax rates

It is amazing how many people that fall into the categories above think Bush is screwing them and Bill Clinton was the greatest President ever. If Obama or Hillary are elected, they both say they will repeal the Bush tax cuts and a good portion of the people that fall into the categories above can't wait for it to happen. This is like the movie, The Sting with Paul Newman; you scam somebody out of some money and they don't even know what happened.

PART 3:

You think the war in Iraq is costing us too much? Read this:

Boy, am I confused. I have been hammered with the propaganda that it is the Iraq war and the war on terror that is bankrupting us. I now find that to be RIDICULOUS. I hope the following 14 reasons are forwarded over and over again until they are read so many times that the reader gets sick of reading them. I have included the URL's for verification of all the following facts.

1. $11 Billion to $22 billion is spent on welfare to illegal aliens each year by state governments.

Verify at: http://tinyurl.com/zob77

2. $2.2 Billion dollars a year is spent on food assistance programs such as food stamps, WIC, and free school lunches for illegal aliens.

verify at: http://www.cis..org/articles/2004/fiscalexec.html

3. $2.5 Billion dollars a year is spent on Medicaid for illegal aliens.

Verify at: http://www.cis..org/articles/2004/fiscalexec.html

4. $12 Billion dollars a year is spent on primary and secondary school education for children here illegally and they cannot speak a word of English!

verify at: http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/0604/01/ldt.0.html

5. $17 Billion dollars a year is spent for education for the American-born children of illegal aliens, known as anchor babies.

Verify at http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/0604/01/ldt.01.html

6. $3 Million Dollars a DAY is spent to incarcerate illegal aliens.

Verify at: http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/0604/01/ldt.01.html

7. 30% percent of all Federal Prison inmates are illegal aliens.

8. $90 Billion Dollars a year is spent on illegal aliens for Welfare & social services by the American taxpayers.

Verify at: http://premium.cnn.com/TRANSCIPTS/0610/29/ldt.01.html

9. $200 Billion Dollars a year in suppressed American wages are caused by the illegal aliens.

10. The illegal aliens in the United States have a crime rate that's two and a half times that of non-illegal aliens. In particular, their children, are going to make a huge additional crime problem in the US.

Verify at: http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/0606/12/ldt.01.html

11. During the year of 2005 there were 4 to 10 MILLION illegal aliens that crossed our Southern Border; also, as many as 19,500 illegal aliens from Terrorist Countries. Millions of pounds of drugs, cocaine, meth, heroin and marijuana, crossed into the U. S from the Southern border.

Verify at: Homeland Security Report: http://tinyurl.com/t9sht

12. The National Policy Institute, 'estimated that the total cost of mass deportation would be between $206 and $230 billion or an average cost of between $41 and $46 billion annually over a five year period.'

Verify at: http://www.nationalpolicyinstitute.org/pdf/deportation.pdf

13. In 2006 illegal aliens sent home $45 BILLION in remittances back to their countries of origin.

Verify at: http://www.rense.com/general75/niht.htm

14. 'The Dark Side of Illegal Immigration: Nearly One Million Sex Crimes Committed by Illegal Immigrants In The United States.'

Verify at: http://www.drdsk.com/articleshtml

The total cost is a whopping $338.3 BILLION DOLLARS A YEAR. Are we THAT stupid? If this doesn't bother you then just delete the message.

If, on the other hand, it does raise the hair on the back of your neck, I hope you forward it to every legal resident in the country including every representative in Washington, D.C. - five times a week for as long as it takes to restore some semblance of intelligence in our policies and enforcement thereof.

------------------------------------

I could not vote for somebody/party that tells thousands of people it is not ok to be them and that we are inferior to the rest of the pop.

Ashley, I hope you do know how much I dearly respect you and your stand on those two specific issues, but to base your decision solely on those two, places the fate of our country over all.

I humbly ask, and in the spirit of friendship (at least in my heart) do you feel you might can find a way to broaden the basis of weighing such a huge impactful decision for the sake of our country's vastly diversified interests overall?
default_wub.png

My personal primary concern is the overall SAFETY of our country, our very existence. Then, "how we live as individuals" is secondary, and then, of course "quality of life", but all still just as valid as the next, by all means.
default_wub.png

That said though, should we no longer exist at all, (as is the ultimate desire of our nation's enemies), then nothing else really matters anyway.

EDITED for grammatical errors.
default_wacko.png
At least I hope I gott'em all.
default_unsure.png
default_wub.png

Go Neil!!! Thank you for posting that. The media is playing with the American public so bad. They opnly telll you what they want you to know and steer your thinking accordingly. The facts .....look at the real facts, hopefully BEFORE you vote!

Obama from the beginning. Something I heard on Bill Moyer PBS this weekend was kinda interesting.......

Behold the double standard: John McCain sought out the endorsement of John Hagee, the war-mongering Catholic-bashing Texas preacher who said the people of New Orleans got what they deserved for their sins. But no one suggests McCain shares Hagee’s delusions, or thinks AIDS is God’s punishment for homosexuality. Pat Robertson called for the assassination of a foreign head of state and asked God to remove Supreme Court justices, yet he remains a force in the Republican religious right. After 9/11 Jerry Falwell said the attack was God’s judgment on America for having been driven out of our schools and the public square, but when McCain goes after the endorsement of the preacher he once condemned as an agent of intolerance, the press gives him a pass.

Jon Stewart recently played a tape from the Nixon White House in which Billy Graham talks in the oval office about how he has friends who are Jewish, but he knows in his heart that they are undermining America. This is crazy; this is wrong - white preachers are given leeway in politics that others aren’t.

Which means it is all about race, isn’t it? Wright’s offensive opinions and inflammatory appearances are judged differently. He doesn’t fire a shot in anger, put a noose around anyone’s neck, call for insurrection, or plant a bomb in a church with children in Sunday school. What he does is to speak his mind in a language and style that unsettle some people, and says some things so outlandish and ill-advised that he finally leaves Obama no choice but to end their friendship. We are often exposed us to the corroding acid of the politics of personal destruction, but I’ve never seen anything like this. I’ve never seen this wrenching break between pastor and parishioner before our very eyes. Both men no doubt will carry the grief to their graves.

All the rest of us should hang our heads in shame for letting it come to this in America, where the gluttony of the non-stop media grinder consumes us all and prevents an honest conversation on race. It is the price we are paying for failing to heed the great historian Jacob Burckhardt, who said “beware the terrible simplifiers”.

GO HILLARY!

[SIZE=18pt]AMEN![/SIZE]

My personal primary concern is the overall SAFETY of our country, our very existence. Then, "how we live as individuals" is secondary, and then, of course "quality of life", but all still just as valid as the next, by all means.
default_wub.png
With all due respect, the issues I believe Ashley is talking about does involve millions of people and the safety they have in this country, in fact in many cases their very existence so while you may see it as a individual thing that is secondary many see it as a daily fight for their lives and anything but secondary!

Latest posts

Back