High Mountain's first foal and maybe only foal for 2010

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

picasso

Reaction score
Announcing High Mountains Stop, Drop and Roll (pending). He will be AMHR and AMHA registered. He was born at 12:35 Wednesday morning. Text book delivery. Thanks to 2 ladies on Marestare I was there just as he was born.

Would like to have opinions of what color he is???? I am not good with all this color genetics stuff. Thanks for looking at my little boy.

scan0033.jpg

scan0034-1.jpg

scan0035.jpg

His dam is registered grullo

His sire is buckskin

Sorry about the funky pictures. Don't know what I did wrong.

Last edited by a moderator:
Cute!

I'd venture a guess and say Perlino as his color... maybe some dun factor in there...

Andrea

congrats on your handsome new guy

I'm always strugling with color

I have a new one I have to get opinions on again

once I get pictures. So I'm not a big help with color

I'm gonna go with disneyhorse and say a double dilute with dun factor.

congrats on a pretty colt!

Congrats on your handsome colt
default_wub.png

Colourwise he does look Perlino but you said mare was Grullo and both parents must have 1 copy of cream for him to be a double dilute. But from the bits I can see of your mare she could well have cream.

Congratulations!

He definitely looks double-dilute to me. I would say Perlino, or possibly Perlino Dun, but it's hard to tell so young. A lot of foals have countershading that looks like dun factor, but goes away when they are a bit older.

It looks like your mare might be a Smoky Grulla instead of a 'plain' Grulla.
default_biggrin.png

Congratulations Donna! Very handsome new boy and I agree, perlino possibly dun although as the previous posted stated sometimes that is just countershading which tends to be very obvious on the lighter colours like perlino.

Congratulation Donna.
default_aktion033.gif
default_aktion033.gif
Handsome boy.
default_wub.png
You'll need to get lots of "Water Babies" to protect him from the sun.

Believe me, I am no color expert, but my first guess would be perlino. (Assuming both parents carry cream)

Congrats, beautiful baby
default_wub.png

And what a cute name!

My first thought was perlino. but once I looked at the other pictures, it seems the mane and tail are more of a smoky black in color rather than reddish in color. So, my guess is Smokey cream.

He definately looks DD, but I also am wondering if he might be dunalino? You never mentioned anything about his eyes. What color are they? If they are bright blue, then yes, a DD (cremello + dun too), and if not, maybe a dunalino? I am leaning towards him being red based since he has those dark skin patches on his muzzle and side of face just inder his eye. I thought those were normally associated with the red based colors? Very unique little boy, for sure! Congratulations!

Fastrack: The dark patch is just a place of darker brownish hair. When he was first born I just thought it was wet. But it's not.

Mona: His eyes are light blue. Skin around his eyes is pink.

Thanks everybody for looking at my little boy. I may have him tested, but at this point I'm not even sure what to have him tested for. LOL LOL

Latest posts

Back