High level dressage mini appy

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wow
default_new_shocked.gif
. Now there's something else I want to try... I wonder if it would be safe to try teaching a mini to do croupades (those flying leaps that Lipizzaners perform) or some such? My mini and I would be a loooong way off from trying that though.

default_saludando.gif
That was so cute
default_wub.png
default_wub.png
default_wub.png
default_wub.png
default_wub.png
how does he do that i would love to teach my little man that any tips out there???????????????????????????????????

Wow
default_new_shocked.gif
. Now there's something else I want to try... I wonder if it would be safe to try teaching a mini to do croupades (those flying leaps that Lipizzaners perform) or some such? My mini and I would be a loooong way off from trying that though.

But it shows it can be done!!!!

There are several books that teach "airs above the ground", from the ground...Google away!!
default_laugh.png

As for driven dressage...there are MANY miniatures competeing successfully.
default_wub.png
:wink
default_smile.png

Loved the video. I was surprised to notice though that when he was working him in a circle the off line ran under his tail. Not a criticism (cause I don't know right from wrong) I'd just think that would be a bit uncomfortable; although I guess in some ways it wouldn't be worse than a crupper.

Nice example of a Dutch Spotted Pony, too, Van Maurits is a very old and very well respected line of Spotted Ponies!

My colt has a Van Maurits as his grand dam, she isn't Leopard like this boy, but she is very beautiful.

It is not easy to teach to this level, I think you would have to be a good dressage rider yourself to get this far, but that does not mean you cannot accomplish a lot.

But Levade and Capriole are not dressage movements, they are "airs above the ground" and are potentially damaging.

I would not attempt it without a very good instruction book/video and never with an animal under five years old.

[SIZE=12pt]Lots of hard work and dedication there, very nice.
default_biggrin.png
[/SIZE]

Lindz, I say get the information & learn how to teach you mini to do it! It will take a few years to get to the 'fancy stuff', but it is very rewarding. And the more you do the more you should be (if done correctly) bettering your horse. I always incorporate dressage into my training.
default_yes.gif

Latest posts

Back