High Hopes Sale

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

whimsical

Reaction score
Has anyone else not received their papers from the sale?

I have tried to call and email several times and they haven't responded to any of them.

The check cleared months ago.

A lady I went with got her papers but she called the week right after the sale.

I know she mentioned that there was an illness in the family but still it has been months.

Last edited by a moderator:
Got mine after my check cleared. In the past they've always been real good with the paperwork, even helping out when there were difficulties.

I sure hope nothing is wrong with the family. Very nice people. Someting must be going on.

Charlotte

Granted, it shouldn't take this long and they should have found the time to respond to you after all this time, but I've bought from there numerous times and never had a problem. I'm sorry this happened to you.

I have bought horses at several auctions they have.

And have never had a problem with getting papers.

It is a very well run auction. Very nice family run auction.

I have been to EVERY High Hopes Auction since 2003. I have bought there MANY times and NEVER had any problem with the management. I would have far more concern with the U.S. Mail service, internet, or phone system than I would have with Gene and Nancy. They are wonderful people and I trust them fully. I certainly hope they have not been involved in an accident or some other tragedy.

I am sorry. I guess the lack of response has me a bit concerned.

And I have been to other auctions and no more than 2 weeks after the check clears, I have the papers in my hand.

Hopefully it will happen. I guess it is a good thing I didn't have any intentions of showing the horse.

Just not professional in my opinion.

I wasn't going to say anything negative or nasty, but the one horse in question was represented as AMHR registered, yet AMHR has no record of it ever being registered. That's all I'm going to say about it.

I wasn't going to say anything negative or nasty, but the one horse in question was represented as AMHR registered, yet AMHR has no record of it ever being registered. That's all I'm going to say about it.
Partial information without knowing the full story has a way of distorting the true picture.

I have no idea which horse you are referring to, but it sounds to me like the problem could have been the "fault" of the seller rather than the auction.

I have full confidence in Gene and Nancy and if they are not answering the phone or emails, there is a very good reason.

Well if anyone knows them well enough and has another number for them.

Please let them know I am trying to get ahold of them.

And my problem is that I haven't received any papers.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well if anyone knows them well enough and has another number for them.

Please let them know I am trying to get ahold of them.

And my problem is that I haven't received any papers.
Here is their phone number: (405) 969-2284 It is plainly posted on their home page.

I emailed Gene this evening and got this response:

Hello Freeland Thanks for the headsup, we had some papers returned to uslast week marked Unable to deliver.. Nancy has tried to email them but the

email keeps getting returned, The lady is a New Buyer at our sale, we return

calls but haven't found a phone call from her, Nancy will keep trying to

return the email, Again Thanks for the Update, Hope you and your Family have

a Very MERRY CHRISTMAS,

Gene

Thanks for the help.

They did return the email that I sent on Dec 7th.

And that was the number that I called. And did leave messages last month.

But here recently it wouldn't even let me leave a message.

Anyway, I hope that we have this resolved.

Latest posts

Back