Hi!

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

user 46616

Reaction score
I am a beeder of small Ponys in Austria, mostly Shetland Ponys, and I am working with them at our farm. I found this website while looking for new ideas and equipment for small working ponies ad I was deeply impressed from some pictures I saw at this site. Maybe I get further support in this matters.

Best regards, Dieter

Welcome to the forum. There are many nice people on here more than willing to help out with any questions you make might have.
How many ponies do you own?

Hello! Glad you've found the forums. Lots of experienced people here who love to share their knowledge.

We own 37 ponies, 19 Shetland Ponies in original type, 15 Welsh Cobs and Fell Ponies and some Partbreds. In Austria it is nearly impossible to buy farm equipment for working ponies, so I create farm equipment such as forecarts by my own. Where do you get your equipment for farm work with miniature horses?

I wish I could help with your farm equipment question, but I don't farm with my minis. I do use them in the winter to pull manure tubs to the manure pile when the snow is too deep for the wheelbarrow. They make my life easier and get a little exercise doing so. :).
I have a welsh pony, too. He is a smaller one, about 12.2 hands.
I would love to see pictures of your herd.

Patty's Pony Place in Canada might be able to help with what you need. She sells carts and harnesses and I think uses her minis for work, too. She might be able to do custom work and make whatever you need.

Back