Hi, I'm new here

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
WOW!!

Thnaks for all your lovely welcoming messages!

We have a website at www.minihorses.co.nz

We arrive in Texas on 3 October, and leave on 11 October, so will be there for most of the show. I'm saving up for LOTS of shopping!!! New Zealand is a small place, and we simply don't have the clothing and gear available here, so have to bring it in.

We'll be the ones with the funny accents
biggrin.gif

As a comparison, out National Show runs over 2 and a half days, and entries last season were at an all time high of 69 different exhibitors, showing 173 different horses, with an additional 16 horses entered in get of sire/produce of dam classes.

So a somewhat smaller scene down here.

Just one question with regard the the World Show - do people allow or object to their horses being photographed or videoed?? Obviously, we want to bring home as much material with us as possible, for our own experience, and the enjoyment of others too. But of course, we don't want to offend or annoy anyone!

Brigid

I would think that if it was outside the ring and you wanted a photo, it would be best to ask the handler, but if you wanted to shoot the arena during a class, that would be fine as long as you don't distract. My colt in my avatar was being shown last year and I took photos of him from the stands and no one complained.
yes.gif

But maybe someone can give you better info than me?
smile.gif

Welcome from Sunny England (it is not raining today
smile.gif
) Whoo Hoo, and you say NZ is small???? Anyway, have a really good time at the show, I haven't made it yet, and probably never will the way I'm going!! Too busy with our own shows.
rolleyes.gif

Welcome from Rogue River, Oregon. I have a soft spot for New Zealand as I spent a year traveling with much of it in NZ. Hitchhiked and stayed in hostels and even brought home a husband as a souvenier.

WELCOME FROM THE little EMERALD ISLE !!

I UNDERSTAND WHAT YOU MEAN ABOUT GETTING MATERIALS ETC FOR THE MINI'S IT IS REALLY DIFFICULT HERE AS WELL.

MY MOM WAS IN NEW ZEALAND IN FEB - AND TOURED BOTH ISLANDS, SHE STUMBLED ACROSS THE FARM THAT OWNS ORION LIGHT, DO YOU KNOW HER? SORRY CAN'T REMEMBER THE STUD OR THE PEOPLES NAME. THE LADY WASN'T THERE, BUT HER HUSBAND MADE MUM AND FRIENDS VERY WELCOME, ALMOST VERY DRUNK !!! GREAT HOSPITALITY !!

LIL
yes.gif

Welcome,from the desert Southwest of New Mexico!

You will certainly find the World Show an experience! I've about quit breed showing, so seldom(if ever!) go anymore, but have been to several, starting in '91, and made a great friend there in '02(or '00, never can recall which!!) from Australia! She was there by herself, staying at the same motel as I-ended up riding back and forth out to the show grounds pretty much every day with me, as the gal I was sharing a room with had a gentleman friend, and went about with him, so I was going back and forth by myself, for the most part. My Aussie friend and I still email on occasion(she forwards funny stuff, has a bit of a raunchy sense of humor, which is great fun!)

Hope you enjoy, and find some good, across-the-ocean friends there, too!

Brigid:

So amazing that you will be traveling all that way to the show. We will love to hear your full story and wish you all the luck possible showing.

Saw your website. Your boy is wonderful and you have a lot of nice breeding there.

Working with saddlebreds will definitely give you one up on a lot of us for training the driving horse!

Welcome from Southern Oregon! You'll enjoy the forum, it's a great place to hang out and very addictive!

Blessed Be, welcome from the ecoast of Va. I'm lucky to have a good friend who's a Kiwi. You should love it here just remember we Yanks can be very plain spoken .

Don't get your fellings hurt easily. Merrypart, Cronewolf

Welcome from northern Wi. - I know you will enjoy the forum - enjoy your trip over!!
saludando.gif

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back