Hi from Montana!

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MindySchroder

Reaction score
I was on here years ago as Chamomile but I see there has been a major over haul! I have signed up again using my name and am excited to go check out all the changes.

I have a blog where I share a lot about my passion, which is driving my ponies. I used to show years ago but now enjoy my time spent trail driving.

I have one miniature horse mare, Sky and two small pony geldings, Zorro and Mikey.

We've had Sky since she was about 8 months old. She's 16 years old this year. She was an amazing show horse in her younger days and we were in every parade from Darby to Arlee for many years. Then she was a mama and just hung out in the pasture for about 7 years. I brought her here to our new little place 3 years ago and restarted her in cart.

Zorro is Sky's baby that outgrew his papers. He is half Arenosa bred and 100% awesome! He's lived here since he was about 6 months old. He will start pulling the cart next spring!

Mikey was part of a small herd of ponies down in Texas that were used for testing of some kind at a University. I'm not sure where but when he was a 2 year old he came up to Montana and I had the pleasure of starting him in cart. I tried to buy him then and he wasn't for sale. Then about 5 years later I contacted his owner and tried to buy him again but she wasn't quite ready. Then when she was ready I couldn't take him so he went to a friend's house for 2 years. Now, finally, 10 years later he finally got to come live with me!! I restarted him cart this year.

Sky
skyandicutesquare.jpg

Zorro
zorrinmarafunharness.jpg

Mikey
handsomemikey.jpg

Mindy~
www.theessentialhorse.com

Hello Mindy!

Welcome! Your horses are very pretty and love your 'background'! Do you drive on any hilly areas? We are in central MN which is pretty flat - not quite like a pancake but close with lots of trees and lakes in the area.

Are you and Sky wearing Easter bonnets in the first photo? :) Very stylish!

Mary

Hi Mary! I do drive over lots of hills. My road has a few good sized hills and we drive in the mountains, crossing water and bridges as well. Where my house is it's fairly flat as we are sitting on the flats in front a large mountain range.
trottingmikey.jpg

We are in a valley so there are mountain ranges on both sides of us.The above photo is looking west and this photo is looking east!
handsomemikey.jpg
My mare Sky often wears some kind of flowers on her brown band :) She has a roached mane and I like her to look like a girl in harness LOL!
correctlyadjustedbridle.jpgcollarandhames.jpg
IMG_0132.jpg

Or for fall she wore berries and branches :)
cuteskyandi.jpg

The boys have a unicorn horn they wear sometimes!
unicornmikey3.jpg

My hat is a straw hat that I like in the summer. Hats give me head aches, but this one is open on the top and light weight so doesn't do that! And it stays on in the wind :)

DSC_2327-M.jpg Hi Mindy! It's been a while since I have been on here. The last time I was on here I didn't have the ponies.. or full size horses... I have switched over the ponies about 10 years ago from the minis.. and now have my big horses again having Appy's and Quarter horses and 2 NSPPR ponies that will be big enough to ride, they are half shetland & half quarter. I will show them at Congress in the walk trot classes (hopefully they will ad more classes) but love the Ranch Riding with the big horses. Besides working full time as a machinest where I make equine dentist insturments but I board allot of ponies for a lady (30 ponies) and one pony for a lady in Germany.. I own a handful of ponies.. but foal 8 - 5 ponies a year..But love all these guys! BabyC1.jpg

Hello Mindy! I am excited to see you on here as I have been following you on Facebook and Youtube and love the work you are doing!

Latest posts

Back