Hi Everyone, been awhile, lots has happened. and going on.

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rockin r

Reaction score
First of all I would like to thank those who know, and have waited for me to come here and post. Sadly, very sadly, the time has come for me to let go of my babies. Please, and I say this very sincerely and respectfully, no pity no sorries...Drs say my alien has progressed beyond help anymore. I had a very invasive surgery last August, and it took me a month to be able to get around again. I am still being monitored and watched closely. And will fight till the end. I actuall feel pretty good, it is getting harder to get thru the day though. There is really no date stamped on my foot, but they have done all they can. And have said it is time to prepare, as they do not have anymore options/answers. So "I" decided to let my babies go so Art won't have to deal with it later. I gave them away with their papers. Money means nothing to me if they don't go to a good, loving home. 4 are leaving this weekend. Ziggi, Shooter, Lady and Sugar are going to a wonderful couple in Kansas. I will explain to Cubby this wkend that Ziggi is going to go to a little girl who will love her as he does. The rest will be leaving soon. We are keeping our TB, Dreamer and Dillion. This is the hardest thing I have ever had to do. But I have to do what is best for the horses at this time. I am still working part time and will til I can't anymore. I have no plans to quit anytime soon. Last night Dillion was attacked by a pit bull. The dog jumped our 6 ft property fence. We know who the dog belongs to and charges are being pressed. The dog latched onto Dillion behind his right front leg in the soft tissue under his leg. He has bad muscle pucntures and skin tares Thank God we were home or he would have killed him. He is totaly lame tonight. Vet said he could not stitch him up because dog bites will abcess and it needs to drain. So I am back to rehabing another one of my babies. He hopefully will be fine in time. He is very tramatized, poor baby he trusts dogs. My dogs love him and they play all the time. Dillion never saw the dog coming. The dog hit him so hard he threw Dillion into the house. We saw the dog scale the fence and by the time we got out the door he had already latched on to Dillion. I do not think I will ever get Dillions screams out of my head. I expect the dog to be put down. It is a family members dog, so tensions are very high right now. I told the owner that dog is as good as dead. If the state don't put him down, I will. So I want to say, It has been a pleasure to be a part of such a wonderful forum family. I have made many good friends here. I have no regrets in life, I have had a GOOD life. Maybe even some might envey it. Everyone take care, live life, love as often as you can, and every once in a while, stop and smell the roses....I will be back to comment on posts as often as I can...Much Respect To All...Theresa

Well, I did not mean you could not say hi, or ask about Dillion..lol..he is about the same today. It will be a slow process for him...

Hope Dillion is feeling better. Also, give Dreamer and extra hug. I remember what she went through a few years ago. Thoughts and prayers are with you.

This post made me sad, but we are FB friends, so I will keep in touch with you there.....
default_smile.png

So sorry that it has come to this, but sounds like you are at peace with everything, and that in itself is a huge step. Best wishes, and hope Dillonrecovers fully.

Thank you for posting, it was good to hear from you. You sure are a strong woman and I admire you
default_wub.png
To know that your minis went to good homes is better than any amount of money and the new owners should be very thankful. Please keep in touch with the forum, we care about you.

That is so sad to hear about Dillon. I hope he recovers ok. Those dogs !!! I won't ge there.

Theresa, no one here will ever stop saying prayers for you.

You are one strong lady and give us all something to strive for when faced with life's trials.

Good wishes for Dillion and his complete recovery.

You and Art are in my thoughts.

You and your family are in my thoughts and prayers. Many hugs to you.

Ditto the same as above... wondered how you were doing and saddened to hear this news anyhow. You are amazing, with a will of iron! I am glad that you took part in knowing where your babies went and omg! So sorry to hear of the dog attack! (nope, I wont even go there either!) I hope your little one has a full recovery- dog bites are nasty. We had to treat a horse that was attacked by a pit mix... the wounds stank like death- we had to flush with water several times a day along with medicine, antibiotics, etc... and I can't imagine the pain.... Sending much good karma your way!! Am so glad you posted!

I "Admire" your strength
default_yes.gif
wish I had it. Ditto to what everyone else has said and I will say an extra prayer for you and your family tonight.

Sending prayers for you also, you have an amazing attitude. Thank you for being so inspirational. I have learned to not take things for granted, we never know.

Our book is already planned out for each of us. The content we put on the pages is what makes it all worthwhile.

God Bless.

Theresa, you know you are always in my thoughts and prayers. I know how hard it was to say it was time to let the horses go, but your concern for them is always utmost for you. Knowing that they have good homes is a comfort for you. You stay strong and I don't have to tell you fight on as that is always in you. HUGS dear friend.

hugs... thanks for the reminder to stop and smell the roses. you are so right and such an inspiration. thanks for sharing. hugs and strength to you. Adair

I am so sorry to hear about the dog attack and I hope that Dillion will recover (physically and emotionally). I cannot imagine what you must be feeling/thinking but seems like you are at peace and I know that alone is a big step. Big hugs to you and I am sure that your horses will be much loved in their new home.

Such a lot on your plate at the moment, Theresa. Lots of prayers, thoughts and hugs, coming your way, from all at Harlequin Farms.

Yes. The PB must be put down - one way or another. You'll know the 'other', if nothing is done about it responsibly.

I know Dillion is getting the best of care and will recover fully.

Lizzie

I hurt for you T. My heart has been broken & mended several times also. You did right by your babies. Please keep in touch, I know it was hard for you. Hugs to you

Hi Theresa. When Robin contacted me about something today, I asked her about you and she directed me to this thread. I'm glad she did. I don't read the Back Porch nearly as often as I used to. Even though we only know each other through the forum, I think of you often and wonder how you are. I always think of you as being so strong and inspiring in your positive outlook on life, no matter what you're faced with. I wish you all the best, and I hope your Dillon makes a quick and full recovery.

Bless your heart.

I'm so sorry to hear this news. I admire your strength to do what needs to be done in regards to your babies. Wishing you peace and happiness.

Latest posts

Back