Hey yall! (I'm new here)

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lil Eowyn

Reaction score
Hey Miniature horseians =)

I'm new here and I'd like to get to know yall better.

Heres a little about my self;

I'm a barrel racer, horse trainer, and author from somewhere in America ;) The only personal info I'll give out is that I'm a girl and almost 16--I'm a christian and my goal in life is to tell others about Christ and to serve him. My earthly goal in life is to make it to the NFR Barrel Racing Championship in Las Vegas =) I'm homeschooled and in 11th grade. ( If you think we homeschoolers don't have a life then you should defiantly look up '7 lies about homeschoolers' on youtube ;) =))

I'm the only one in my family out of 11 siblings that takes care of the farm. The rest of the fam have their own stuff to do--

I take care of four horses, a miniature horse, a dog, two barn cats, and some chickens.

My Dad has a horse, my sister who moved to college now has a horse, and the other three are mine =)

I got Solid Rock Peanut when I was 10 years old and she was 10 years old too. (little did I know she bucked, charged and bites) But I helped her overcome all of those problems in the past 5 years ;) I bought her as a trail horse, and trained her and now she knows over 10 tricks, barrel races [only at a lope though], showmanship and overall shes my best friend =)

SGP Flyma Brown (Cash) is my latest additon to the fam--I bought him as a barrel prospect in Sep. He's only green broke so I'm finishing him out this year and I will start him on barrels next summer 2013 (I can't wait!)

Now, to the one who brought me to this forum ;)

Lil' Eowyn (Aywin) Irene is my 2 year old brown and white pinto miniature horse. I bought her as a yearling last Nov. for my horse Peanut =) For those of you who are Lord of the Rings fans, you should know why I named her Eowyn ;) She's only 2 but she thinks she's the leader of all of my big horses too lol I'm not sure if I'll train her for saddle when she gets older, but I will if I can find a saddle for her! ;) She loves carrot shreddings and grain, and compared to most mini's and ponies, she isn't as fat as most of the ones I see! She's fairly fit and in the summer I'm hoping to show her at local shows and hopefully we can go far! =) She also pulls my younger siblings on the sled =)

So yeah--for those who took the time to read that, thats me! So if you can, tell me about you and your horses/mini's/ponies =) I'd love to hear!

And if you have time, please feel free to check out my youtube channel! =) I have vids on how to teach your horse tricks and other vids too=)

http://www.youtube.c...7/videos?view=0

I attachted a few pics of Eowyn and a couple of Peanut and Cash =)IMG_3175.JPGIMG_1685 (2).JPG

IMG_1638.JPGIMG_0576.JPG005 (2).JPG002 (2).JPGIMG_0021.JPGIMG_0017.JPGIMG_1063.JPGIMG_1037.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
Welcome! I am also a youth so it is cool to see new youth members :) There are many, many, wise people on this forum who supply a wealth of knowledge on just about anything you can think of. You will have a blast reading and learning all about minis!

-Kelbi

Welcome from Toronto, Canada!!
default_saludando.gif
Hope you enjoy the forum. Lots of nice folks and you can learn lots too.

Hi welcome. We homeschool as well. This is a great site to learn and ask questions as well as just talk about horses.

Welcome from Southern Maryland, USA! I wish I was still a youth, but alas I'm a senior, way old senior. I used to ride arabs and partbred arabs, do barrels, and trail ride, still belong to 4-H as a volunteer, as two of my grand kids are members. You're gonna love it here!

Last edited by a moderator:
Welcome to the forum from Connecticut! I also started out with big horses before I got my first mini.

Welcome to the forum. I watched some of your videos and you remind me of me 41 years ago!!!!!! I had a Polaroid instamatic Swinger instead of the ability to make videos back then though. I had a barrel racing horse more than 30 years ago. She was purchased from a friend that was really into barrel racing and although I never competed I had tons of fun barrel racing just for the fun of it. The horse was so experienced all I had to do was give her the first kick and then ride! Wheeeeeeeee! She would likely have run the course if I had just closed my eyes and let her do the rest. Now it is just the ten minis (hoping it will soon be somewhere between one and four). They do tend to multiply if one is not disciplined. With the economy the way it is and me headed into the final turn for retirement there is no more breeding and there will be some downsizing.
default_smile.png
default_sad.png

Anyway, I wish you well and it is soooooo good to hear from a fellow Christian. I don't post much on here as of late but just wanted to say welcome and I think you are one cool young lady!

Welcome from sunny Southern California!!!!
default_488.gif
:SoCool

Liz N.

Welcome from Texas! Im a youth member too! LB is a great place to learn new things about minis! I learn something everyday! And the best part is we all love horses!!!
default_smile.png

Latest posts

Back