Hey! It's me again! Life update for fun.

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KLJcowgirl

Reaction score
Hey all!

I don't really know why I dropped off of this forum, I got back on today and forgot how much I loved it! Miss you guys and all the wonderful info and insight here. I might pop in more often again, I may not, who knows with life hehe.

I did want to share some fun photos and updates though.

I tried to breed my Miss May to a mini Jack for a mule foal early this spring, but I don't think he even tried lol. She had a bit too much personality for him. He was also in a new place and probably didn't feel up to performing. But he was fun to have around and my hubby decided he loved donkeys.

Low and behold, an opportunity fell in our lap last fall. Long story short we ended up with the son of that Jack. And oh my gosh I am smitten with him!IMG_20191113_195322_453.jpgThis is Dominick, our mini donkey yearling. My hubby LOVES him and thinks he's perfect. It's been so fun having him. He's super smart and learns quick, so I can't wait to start doing some more serious ground work with him.

I think he's so handsome too!IMG_20200425_213956_528.jpg

Miss May has been on a little bit of a weight loss journey, and after a lameness scare (I thought for sure I had caused her laminitis and was so upset... turns out she must have just pulled a muscle, or so the vet thought... she was magically cured the day of her app lol), I think I finally have her managed to where I can get more lbs off her quickly. But she's come a long ways I think. Can't wait to start ground driving again!IMG_20200311_215209_448.jpgBottom is Feb or March of last year, top is March of this year.

But she's still my beautiful unicorn!IMG_20200409_203630_289.jpg

Anyhoo if I think of anything else I wanna add, I will..... also.... I REALLY hope the picture work. It's been a while since I've been here ha

KLJ~Aww cute, I see you are having fun styling your minis! Is is just me or do the glasses on the second picture make your mini look a little like Alf in that shot? You may be too young to know about that character on T.V.

KLJ~Aww cute, I see you are having fun styling your minis! Is is just me or do the glasses on the second picture make your mini look a little like Alf in that shot? You may be too young to know about that character on T.V.
I did manage to get a few episodes in as a kid lol It's funny you say that! When we first brought him home I thought his crazy hair made him look like a Muppet. I did want to name him Alf or Beaker haha but, alas, I told hubby he could name him. :p I totally think he looks like Alf in this picture, this was his first day with me. And I agree, the sunglasses totally complete it :DIMG_20191019_134414_564.jpg

I love your blue halter on the brown mini at the bottom!!! Is it by RachaelFailCustomTack on Etsy? It's so pretty!
Why yes! I got the nose and from her and found a halter at our local feed store. I absolutely love it and it fits her personality so well! I hope to get one for the rest of my critters. :)

Why yes! I got the nose and from her and found a halter at our local feed store. I absolutely love it and it fits her personality so well! I hope to get one for the rest of my critters. :)
Nice! I'd love to get one from her a few years down the road but they're so expensive! Is it just the noseband? Or does it come on the halter already?

She has options to do either or. Mine was just the nose band. I did manage to snag mine off Facebook when she was practicing making mini sizes, so it did cost less with less customization options. I bought a Weaver suckling size halter at my feed store and unpicked that nose band and put this one on. I love it. They're soooooo worth it! Very good quality and so pretty. I'm saving my dollars for more for sure ha

She has options to do either or. Mine was just the nose band. I did manage to snag mine off Facebook when she was practicing making mini sizes, so it did cost less with less customization options. I bought a Weaver suckling size halter at my feed store and unpicked that nose band and put this one on. I love it. They're soooooo worth it! Very good quality and so pretty. I'm saving my dollars for more for sure ha
Nice.

Latest posts

Back