Hey guys, not so good news.

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm SO very sorry. Your friend will live forever in your heart and you'll be together again some day. {{{Hugs}}}

I'm so sorry for you. These things are never easy. ((((HUGS))))

I am so sorry.. I, too, am dealing with the loss of a beloved family member. You and your family are in my prayers and thoughts!!

I'm so sorry... it's like ripping your heart clean out. But wow, that is a terrific age, and he looks like he has been very happy and all. He will have appreciated the love and care he has had.. It is SO hard to say goodbye. Hugs to you- that is always the worst decision to have to make, but unfortunately a necessary one when it comes to animal ownership.. or should I say partnership. You will always miss him- think of all the joy he has brought to you, and probably you to him!! Wish I could make the heartache go away...

Hey, Sorry to hear about your horse.
default_no.gif
I've gone through the loss of my beloved dogs and it hurts, but you are putting your horse first and not letting him suffer. It is a brave and selfless thing to do. We do it because we love them.

Hold the good memories close and lean on your donkey to dry the tears.

I'm so sorry. I've been through it myself. You must of taken very good care of him to reach a ripe old age. Give him a hug from us.

I'm sorry......have been there done that once before with a very senior mare I'd owned all of her 29 years, and am likely facing it again in the near future with my 30 yr old. It's never easy. Just remember the joy.
default_smile.png

Jan

I have tears in my eyes reading this as I'm going through the very same thing right now. We have to take comfort in the fact they have had nice long lives. I actually think afterwards it might be a relief as everyday I dread going to the barn and see my best friend deteriorate even more.

You and your horse will be in my thoughts and prayers.

I am teary hearing what you have to do-but I understand you do have too. No matter how much we want to keep them forever, we do have to let go.

What ever keepsake you make, you should share with us...

I'm really sorry it came down to this. Making the desion is so tough. I had my first horse for 28 years, she passed on a day before I was to make the choice of having her put down. I think God made the decsion for me as I just couldn't handle it.{(( Hugs to you.))} Joyce

Oh I did save a braid from her tail too.

I'm sorry you've had to come to that decision. Unfortunately being owned and loved

by such good friends, often puts us in the position of having to make that decision

for them.

He will always know you loved him enough to know when the time was right to let

him go.

I lost my old timer, at age 29. He lives in my heart forever, as I'm sure your old

boy will remain in yours.

Take care!

Latest posts

Back