Hey guys, not so good news.

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Celtic Hill Farm

Reaction score
hey guys. well, i just got done talking to my vet, and well we decided that it would be best to put my horse down. He's a 32 year old TB gelding. My first horse ever, my freind, My brother, My babby, it's going to be hard,
default_sad.png
default_bye-sad.gif
but i wil have my donkeys to help me pull me threw this.

here are some pics of him...

100_1225.jpg

100_1220.jpg

100_1219.jpg

100_1218.jpg

100_1204.jpg

100_1177.jpg

100_1176.jpg

Thanks its going to be hard, we are trying to make arrangements to get it done before i go to nationals, it would be hard to be there and thinking about what is to come.

Awww, I so sorry. It is so hard to say goodbye. He looks like a lovely guy and at least you know he lived a long full life and belonged to someone who cared enough to ease him on rather than let him suffer and linger. Go hug those donkeys and let them soak up the tears, I understand donkeys are very good at that.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm very sorry, Ian.

Last summer, I had to put my first horse, an arab x quarter horse gelding, down. I had owned him since 1994.

It's not an easy thing but you will always be a better person for having bad him in your life.

Horses change people in ways you'd never know if you'd never owned a horse.

I am so sorry to hear about your handsome boy. I have been there a few times and it is incredibly hard but the right thing to do for him. Be sure to take some of his tail as a keepsake. You can get some really nice memory frames done with the hair and his halter or something like that. Hugs to you.

It is the hardest decision to make btu also the kindest - and you are doing what is right for your old friend.
hug2.gif
The coming winter would be very hard on him....

Take some of his tail hair.... and braid it into a little keepsake. You can frame that with some of your favourite photos and always have that memory.

Just think of him in the sunny, green Forever Fields... running, bucking, glossy and young again...
default_wub.png

I'm so sorry, this is going to be SO hard on you!! Your boy had a good long life, and I'm sure he will be thankful to be spared a difficult death by being put to sleep now. My condolences.

Am sorry for your upcoming loss.

I know how you feel. Been there in 2001.

He, Diamond, was 24yr old Appaloosa gelding which we boarded.

Because of the location and laws he couldn't be buried.

His body's fate was the rendering plant
default_no.gif

But they didn't get all of him as I have most of his pelt here... from his star to his tail.

My hubby scheduled it all to take place as I had commented years earlier that would be what I wanted when it was time.

I know some folks think its gross/morbid.

We picked his furry pelt up from a taxidermy shop 6 months afterwards and it has many,many times soaked up my tears as I've laid upon it and cried.

It's still very special to me.

Am sorry for your upcoming loss.I know how you feel. Been there in 2001.

He, Diamond, was 24yr old Appaloosa gelding which we boarded.

Because of the location and laws he couldn't be buried.

His body's fate was the rendering plant
default_no.gif

But they didn't get all of him as I have most of his pelt here... from his star to his tail.

My hubby scheduled it all to take place as I had commented years earlier that would be what I wanted when it was time.

I know some folks think its gross/morbid.

We picked his furry pelt up from a taxidermy shop 6 months afterwards and it has many,many times soaked up my tears as I've laid upon it and cried.

It's still very special to me.
Wait i'm confused, what did you do?

Oh no..........My heart goes out to you.
default_no.gif
What a tough decision.......But ultimately it is the loving one. I'm so sorry.

I am so sorry. It is the right and kind decision, but that never makes it any easier. Your beautiful boy is incredibly lucky to have had you as a friend and guardian...few horses are so lucky.

You have shared a love unique to the two of you, and that kind of love never dies.

Take care,

susanne

I'm so sorry. I know you are perhaps the only one who knows what is best for your guy and everything you do is out of love for him. I, like most everyone else out there, have been in your shoes and it sucks. He's a pretty guy. I sold my TB to some friends of mine and hope to buy him back someday when he retires from being a little girl's hunter/jumper. Minis and TBs are great. You and your guy were lucky to have each other.

Latest posts

Back