He's soooooo sexy

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nootka

Reaction score
Is he not beautiful?

sofine.jpg

He was the flavor of the month back in '99 on a calendar I got as a gift. I loved him so much that I have kept his image for my wall.

I am guessing he's a mustang or spanish/Iberian type horse...?

Color...maybe a dun, but what about that metallic sheen...?

Anyway, thought I'd share my "love" with ya all. (I only regret that my scanner could not fit the entire picture on the bed, so he is sans his lower legs, here)

Hope susanne comes & looks, he seems like her type. ;)

Liz M.

Yeah, Mouse has a similar color quality, doesn't he? Eyes, too...

But if only Mouse could grow a mane like that! Sure, it wouldn't be in fashion in the ring, but it'd sure be fun to look at here at home!

Friesians are definitely lust-worthy.

Course just about any horse is, but some are more so than others....

;)

Liz

Liz, would you take that photo over and post it on the Color Forum???

The metallic sheen is the same as in Akhal Tekes- I do not think there is yet a "name" for the effect, and it would make for a lively discussion!!!

I think the base colour is Dun- maybe Grullo+ Cream?? but I am guessing, of course. There could be Silver but I am thinking not as I think he would be paler if it were present- again, just thinking out loud.

NOW if I could get a Mini that colour!!!
default_yes.gif
:

OMG he is very sexy! Thanks for sharing Liz! We really NEED a drooly icon smiley!

That's some color.

Mustangs are notorius for having all sorts of very strange colorations. I"ve been around a lot of them and they sure hold the first place award for colors that I've never seen before.

Howver, this guy here says he's Spanish to me. Some sort of Spanish desent is my guess.

I would too like to know more about that color, my mini stud is the exact same, also has a line back. Since he's not registered I don't have a "name" for his color, nor do I have any colors for his dam or sire. My studs mane does that same wavy curl and if not kept long in the front he looks like Tina Turner :bgrin

heehee
default_wub.png
: he's pretty
default_wub.png
:
default_wub.png
:
default_wub.png
:

We really NEED a drooly icon smiley!
I have a feeling that the people on this fourm would have fun on DA (deviant art), they have a smile for everything...they have a smile for the ninga turtles!!! and high five, and the best one ever has to be glomp lol.

sorry that was off topic
default_unsure.png
:

Where's my heavy breathing smilie? Whoo, boy...HUBBA HUBBA!!

Liz, you know me well, along with my proclivity for long-haired bad boys! That is one sexy horse!

Are his eyes rather golden or amber? Is he a type of champagne?

His eyes look almost amber! And I agree with all the rest of you, WOWZA!
default_yes.gif
:

MA

Unbelievable - WOW!!! I'll take that flavor any month, any year! :aktion033:

Liz R.

Nice.
default_yes.gif
: I don't know if he's actually super-metallic or not though. I've got pictures of my chestnut in that same kind of sunset light that make it look like he is made of solid copper when his coat is only normally shiny/reflective. Yes he's metallic, but not like a Teke. I wonder if this guy is a trick of the light too?

Leia

Ok, I don't know where the Color Forum is, but I would post it (or you can copy and paste the url yourself, you have my permission) there as I am interested in such things, too.

Mouse has a similar metallic coloration to his coat, it is almost as a Weimaraner dog, and I've had several people insist he is a champagne, but that simply isn't possible and he has no mottling, either. (he IS from proven champagne lines, as his grandmother, Dell Tera's Betty is a daughter of Dell Tera's Hippy, a known Champagne) I think it's a combined effect of the creme dilute (from a smokey black sire) and the silver dilute (from a silver chestnut dam)?

But as rabbit says, this guy would probably have a lighter mane/tail if he truly had silver in him. I should probably scan the lower legs, too, as they give clues as well.

Also Leia makes a good point about the lighting as that can definitely change things. Wish I knew who he was, I would love to see more.

If you get a mini that color, Jane, I'm coming over to horse nap him or her!

susanne, I just knew you'd appreciate him w/that eye peeking out of the perfectly dishevelled forelock like that. *LOL* His eye does appear to be slightly lighter than normal....

Liz M.

Well no total anwsers, but I think I can help a little for once. He appears to be a Spanish Barb, part of a diminshing breed. A very dear friend of mine raises them and so I have picked up quite a bit on them over the years. He appers to be almost what They call an Amber Lillac.

(They=Barb people) that metallic sheen is Very common in the barb coats, from regular blue/purple/red/black tones, they all have that color.

(And yes they call their horsey colors blue and purple.)

Barb's are well noted for their elegance, preseance, and their abundance of hair; as well as heavy influence in the horse breed world as I am sure most of you are Very well aware.

The Are the basis of our mustang herds, hence why we see the abundance of wonderful colors.

If anyone woud like more info on Barbs and theor color schemes, PM me and I can foward you to my friend who now runs the North East side of the Barb Horse orginization.
default_smile.png
She's super informative, and has Really done her homework! Hope this helps some in some way.... He sure is a Hunk!

What a cool colour!!!

Could he maybe be a Kruger (sp??) mustang ..they are a Spanish/Barb type mustang??

Kim

Do you mean a Kiger?

If so, then, I doubt it because Kigers are most usually dun like grulla and buckskin in appearance w/obvious dun factors. Kigers are basically shaped like this guy, but different in coloration. I've seen quite a few over at the adoptions in central OR since they are from this state there are a few breeders, too. Beautiful horses and definitely Spanish in origin, also.

But I think spotted pony girl is probably onto something as to his heritage. I've always thought he must be some type of spanish horse, and I know the spanish mustangs and barbs have a wide variety of colors, unusual ones.

He's pretty cool, though!

default_smile.png

Liz M.

Latest posts

Back