He's home!

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oh! A Boston! My sister has one and she is a topper! So fun, loveable, crazy funny! Likes everyone and gets along with everything and everybody. Enjoy!
default_yes.gif

oh my goodness! that is such a beautiful puppy!! I LOVE puppy breath!

congratulations. thanks for sharing your photos... enjoy!

CONGRATULATIONS...he's a cutie. I don;t think he's going to stay small for too long. he looks like he's going to be a pretty good sized Boston, to me.

I forgot how much puppies poop! First night was a little rough but the days have been good. We take him out every time before and after he eats as well as when he wimpers. So far we only missed one potty time. We will see how the work week goes, and then the following week when I am on my own. While I know I have weeks before he really has any control I have a feeling he is going to be one smart boy. He even has the Boston gas effect figured out. Can't wait to get him on some better food!

He does have one big parent at 30 pounds the other is 20. I would guess him to be 5 pounds if he is lucky. I have him on three meals a day as I can really make 4 work. I figure if nothing else I can try to fit in another smaller meal later at night if needed

I was wondering what puppy food you had him on.. some of them can just run right through the babies. My girl mostly just has 2 poops a day, but I didn't get her until she was 13 weeks old and that does make some difference. I had to switch up foods a couple of times on my girl to find what agreed with her the best in the beginning. The breeder had her on some really cheap puppy food and we did switch over pretty quickly when she arrived because she was pooping so much.

So... how's the almost 1 week going with your new furkid?

Now is a good time to work in some early leash training, but don't pull or tug him, just gentle guiding so he gets used to the collar.

I hope you update your photos often.... you know I will be checking out your thread while you share your new baby with us all.

take care.

ps...ditto on the 3 meals are plenty advice.

pss. I am not a big hills dog food fan, however, they do have a new line of dog foods... their food line called "ideal balance" I highly recommend the chicken based ideal balance puppy food. No gas, feed very small portions, dog has small compact poops and very nicely tolerated on diet and put weight on my puppy nicely. It also is pH balanced. My pup had problems with UTI infections and the hills puppy food was the only one I tried that didn't change the pH of her urine badly and with the change in diet all the crystals in her pee went away.

You mentioned gas... My boston was on the puppy food for 1 year and is now on the adult food same line and she has zero gas. It has been well worth the price and basically she eats so little and maintains weight so well, it doesn't cost as much in the long run. She got about 1/4 cup three times a day while growing and now gets between 1/4 and 1/3 cup twice a day.

just trying to be helpful, let me know if you want a link to what food I am talking about.

my boston weighs in about 17lbs full grown.

Last edited by a moderator:
He is doing well. Struggling with the food change but otherwise well. He even figured out the steps already.

20140812_115958.jpg

awwww. Ashley he is very pretty and so nicely marked. He looks very shiny black. My girl is a bit brindle in her black.

The food thing will work out. I messed with it for quite some time and I know how frustrating it can be.

Love the photo updates!

He is just so adorable! I love Boston's, my girl is 5 already (wow how time flies!) and she is the love of our lives. I know what you mean about gas.. I swear they ould peel paint sometimes. I will settle for the gas tho, my girl has issues with food sensitivities and I went thro a lot of them before I found a good one for her. It is a salmon (I think...or fish anyway...) based food and she has glossy hair and no bald, itchy spots and no loose stools. It is specially formulated for skin and stomach sensitivities. For treats we give (have all her life) the recently maligned duck wrapped sweet potato treats. She loves them and has no negative reactions, if I give her any crunchy cookies of any kind she will get bald, red and itchy patches within a few days or sooner if my husband is home to give her treats all day long.

Anyway, I just posted to say congratulations! I hope he brings you as much joy and laughter as our girl has brought to us.

Latest posts

Back