He's Here!

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jess P

Reaction score
Ahh! I am in love
wub.gif

I was jumping like a jumping bean in the car on the way there. We brought our SUV only and put a tarp down and a blanket we didn't like down to make it softer. We was a dream
smile.gif
! He is a little chubby right now, and I really want to clip him but I think I'll wait for spring. He is a true bay now. Very pretty. He now has a permanent itching partner (well, until he because studly), in my dwarf filly. Okay, here are the pics!

Img_0789.jpg

In the Car

Img_0792.jpg

Watching traffic

Img_0795.jpg

Img_0798.jpg

Img_0801.jpg

Img_0809.jpg

Attacking mom

Img_0810.jpg

meeting Starlette and the rest

Img_0811.jpg

Img_0812.jpg

Its a Stampede!

Img_0815.jpg

Img_0816.jpg

Img_0817.jpg

Img_0819.jpg

More after I get food!

Hey, whatever works, huh? Cute pictures. We built a wooden 3 sided box to fit into the back of our van, then the end piece gets screwed onto the unit. It'll easily fit in two weanlings, this works real well for us when people want them delivered, we don't have to pull the trailor. Or to take them to nursing homes or camp grounds, its a fairly easy way to transport.

Palomino88 said:
Is he bay or silver bay 
wacko.gif

461432[/snapback]

I think he's bay; a LOT of foals have light colored hair in their tails when they are little, I've had great number of them, and it gradually disappears.

Congrats on your new little cutie!!!

Yes, hes a bay. He is much darker when he is clipped though. I wish I could run those clippers over him right now to show his pretty head
wub.gif

More pictures. My black mare, Chantilly, already knows hes a stallion. Shes doing her "back off, he's mine" thing to our other mare. My gelding, Dusty, will not leave their side through the fence. Diego is doing a little squeaky neigh towards the others

Img_0820.jpg

Img_0821.jpg

Img_0823.jpg

Img_0826.jpg

Img_0828.jpg

Img_0830.jpg

Img_0831.jpg

^ Nice Butt
wink.gif

Img_0832.jpg

Img_0834.jpg

Img_0835.jpg

Img_0836.jpg

Yep. When he is about 2 and a half Chantilly will be bred to him. I can't wait to see what they produce
wub.gif

He's a cutie alright!
wub.gif
But one thing in those pictures concerns me.

A horse (or any animal of that size) should never be hauled in the passenger part of a vehicle without being restrained in some way. I see that your little guy is loose. He is in the back....but nothing is there to stop him from flying into the front seat if you have to slam on your brakes suddenly, and cause an accident. Also, it doesn't matter how well-behaved they seem to be. Sometimes the tiniest little thing can spook a horse & he could try to jump thru the windows. (horses cannot "see" there is glass there & may break the window trying to jump thru.) A better solution would be to put a 3-sided box in the back so they don't have access to the windows & can be tied to one of the sides to help stablize them.
yes.gif

While I DO realize people transport these little ones in vehicles like this quite often, with no problems.....it's just an accident waiting to happen.
unsure.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
Dona, I realize your concern and I was concerned from the very beginning. This was a one time thing, the only way we could get him home. He was not allowed in the passenger side (Not sure why you thought that, and I was watching him the whole time. We were under 50 MPH the whole time, and he just stood behind my seat watching me or out the window. I am never going to do this again. I actually asked the forum and I was told he would be okay in the back

[SIZE=14pt]CONGRATS!!
aktion033.gif
[/SIZE]
He is lovely and he seems to be fitting in very well, can't wait to see his pretty babies in a few years
yes.gif
!!!

MiniSeasons said:
Dona, I realize your concern and I was concerned from the very beginning. This was a one time thing, the only way we could get him home. He was not allowed in the passenger side (Not sure why you thought that, and I was watching him the whole time. We were under 50 MPH the whole time, and he just stood behind my seat watching me or out the window. I am never going to do this again. I actually asked the forum and I was told he would be okay in the back
461527[/snapback]

Guess I should have been more clear....by "passenger side" I meant up front where the driver & passenger would sit. I didn't think he was "in" the passenger side....just had "access". If you had to stop suddenly, that's where he would end up, as there is no barrier to stop him. MOST of the time....going slow & not far, you probably won't have a problem. But....it only takes a moment for a tragedy to happen & stopping suddenly enough to throw the horse off balance & to the front could be devastating.

I just wanted "newbies" to be aware that this is not a "safe" way to transport horses of any size.

I'm glad you got your little guy home safely.....he's very cute. I'm sure you are going to have lots of fun with him!
yes.gif

dona

i so agree!! i have alot of newer people who think this is an acceptable way to transport minis. I always tell them i do not at all agree. Its not safe for the humans or animals to transport this way!! I have seen barriers you can buy that fit in a mini fan to close off the back from the driver/passenger front seats and thats better but still not ideal as if you get rear ended in a mini van with a mini in the back well you can imagine the damage.

I always tell people instead of buying another horse buy a horse trailer. then get your next horse.

congrats on your new mini!!

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back