Here's another "what minis are good for"

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

js1arab

Reaction score
They just make you feel good! We went to a smaller fair show this weekend and I took my 6 yr old son and two newcomers to let them show. While my horses will never be national champions, they are worth their weight in gold for their dispositions. All my son could talk about for a couple weeks was that he was going to get to show in obstacle class. He was showing our yearling filly we bought in Dec. (you couldn't hardly catch her then and she won the 4-H showmanship class for my oldest son in July and he taught her by himself) As for the newcomers. One is a gentleman who is leasing a mare and gelding of mine and the other is a friend who shows dogs now and would eventually like to own and show a mini. Everyone had a blast, we all took home ribbons and everyone wants to go again. So that is what they are good for, they give happiness and confidence to the new and young. We even had a woman who needs to use a wheelchair if walking or standing for a while who was asking questions and impressed with the calm personalities. So my little backyard minis did an awesome job of promotion yesterday.
biggrin.gif

This pic is from the morning after the show. We had three horse and 4 handlers going yesterday so didn't get time for pics at the show LOL - Just previewed and the pic is a bit big and I've already resized it in it's folder and on my webpage so don't know why it's so big

after%20show%20001.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Yep, that's why I did 4H and had my own "youth team" for so many years. Seems so Odd to have "just" Patty and I this year (OK, kinda nice too
biggrin.gif
), but I'm going to have to start taking kids off the street. I have so many National Champion and Top 10 horses sitting aroud with nothing to do--plus some really nice youngsters who don't have their own little person yet...

any takers here in TX? any of you youth members live around us?

That is a priceless picture--it doesn't get any better than that!

Miniature Horses are good for........putting a HUGE smile on a six year olds face!!!! Well done!

aktion033.gif
aktion033.gif
aktion033.gif

Tell your son congratulations. The fact that he has worked and trained the yearling gives him a lot of pride, the ribbons are the icing on the cake.

Seeing just one child with that big grin and gaining such confidence is worth all our efforts.

Dr. Pam said:
Yep, that's why I did 4H and had my own "youth team" for so many years.  Seems so Odd to have "just" Patty and I this year (OK, kinda nice too 
biggrin.gif
), but I'm going to have to start taking kids off the street.  I have so many National Champion and Top 10 horses sitting aroud with nothing to do--plus some really nice youngsters who don't have their own little person yet...
any takers here in TX?  any of you youth members live around us?

444085[/snapback]

I'm a youth in Texas!! hehe, I will mapquest to see how far I am away from you.. If not far, I wouldn't mind coming out every so often, or showing some of your horses! Of course I would have to check with my parents, but I am sure they would be OK with it.. Thats if your up to it, I would love to help out!
saludando.gif

_minihorses4ever_ said:
Dr. Pam said:
Yep, that's why I did 4H and had my own "youth team" for so many years.  Seems so Odd to have "just" Patty and I this year (OK, kinda nice too 
biggrin.gif
), but I'm going to have to start taking kids off the street.  I have so many National Champion and Top 10 horses sitting aroud with nothing to do--plus some really nice youngsters who don't have their own little person yet...
any takers here in TX?  any of you youth members live around us?

444085[/snapback]

I'm a youth in Texas!! hehe, I will mapquest to see how far I am away from you.. If not far, I wouldn't mind coming out every so often, or showing some of your horses! Of course I would have to check with my parents, but I am sure they would be OK with it.. Thats if your up to it, I would love to help out!
saludando.gif

444154[/snapback]

Actually, I am almost 5 hours away... Maybe sometime I could show some of your horses though, because I would love to!
yes.gif

What a wonderful little face of accomplishment!
aktion033.gif

MA

What a great picture!! Love to see kids enjoying the minis. Looks like a win win situation to me!!
yes.gif

What a great opportunity for your son! Yes, they are great for SMILES! jennifer
saludando.gif

The technical answer for why your photo is so big?

Because it is full of . . .

PRIDE

ACCOMPLISHMENT

LOVE

AND HAPPINESS!!!!!

Way to GO!!!
aktion033.gif
aktion033.gif
aktion033.gif
aktion033.gif
aktion033.gif
aktion033.gif
aktion033.gif
aktion033.gif
aktion033.gif
aktion033.gif
aktion033.gif
aktion033.gif
aktion033.gif
aktion033.gif
aktion033.gif
aktion033.gif
aktion033.gif
aktion033.gif
aktion033.gif

Thanks guys! I wish I had gotten pics of the two newcomers as well. It was so fun to watch my son and the guy leasing my gelding. They kept giving each other high fives and telling each other how good they were doing. Like I said, both the new people are already asking when we can go again LOL. I told them I will try to squeeze in a fun show at the end of the year but I'm going to be pooped. I show again this weekend and the one after that and for an old fat lady, that's a lot of showing hehehe. They are both panning to come and watch and support us in the next two shows. I'd already turned in entries or I'd have found them something to do also. The guy leasing the gelding was so thrilled, he took home a grand champion in the Jr geldings. Only two (might have been 3)in the class, but that ribbon sure is going to look good hanging up on his wall
laugh.gif
The most important thing to me is that they enjoyed going and it didn't matter where any of us placed. The ribbons were just icing on the cake. OK, I'll quit grinning and bragging now LOL

How WONDERFUL!
aktion033.gif
The pride just radiates from your little boy's face!
wub.gif

Latest posts

Back