Here's An Item by Item Comparison the Candidates

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jill

Aspiring Cowgirl
Reaction score
Here is some information for everyone who's interested.

Presidential%20Campaign%20Talking%20Points%201.JPG

Presidential%20Campaign%20Talking%20Points%202.JPG

Presidential%20Campaign%20Talking%20Points%203.JPG

Presidential%20Campaign%20Talking%20Points%204.JPG

You can verify the above at the following web sites:

http://money.cnn.com/news/specials/election/2008/index.html

http://www.cnn.com/ELECTION/2008/issues/issues.taxes.html

http://elections.foxnews.com/?s=proposed+taxes

http://bulletin.aarp.org/yourworld/politic...s_on_taxes.html

http://blog.washingtonpost.com/fact-checke...s/barack_obama/

http://blog.washingtonpost.com/fact-checke...es/john_mccain/

Last edited by a moderator:
"Will appoint judges who interpret the law, not make it"? How is that a definable category? And last I checked, Obama was for a gradual withdrawal of troops, not an immediate one.

As for the increase in taxes, how else are we supposed to support our country and dig ourselves out of Bush's debt?

As for the increase in taxes, how else are we supposed to support our country ...
Yes, not to mention fund all the social programs / spending that democrats are notorious for expanding.

The above is how Obama stood at one point. As much as he flip flops, I honestly cannot tell you what he's saying today.

Social programs? Holy cheese! You mean we would be SUPPORTING OUR CITIZEN IN NEED?

Sign me up!

Well, I'm more in favor of personal responsibility (vs. social program handouts) which is one huge reason I'm a life long Republican. Like I said before, the harder I work and the more I achieve, the more Republican I feel.

So the further away you bring yourself from strife and poverty, the less inclined you feel to help others who are struggling? I do think that there are people who abuse our social programs, yes, but there are a lot of people who need them, just for a little while, to help them get back on even ground. I would not deny help to those who need it, and I can't understand how we as a country lag so far behind in making sure we have a healthy and educated citizenship.

Social programs also include grants for things like "Studying the breeding of grasshoppers"...........etc........ This type of thing.

Yes, there are necessary Social Programs, but if one does a little digging, it's AMAZING (Scary!) where our tax dollars are going!

I have yet to hear of a politician -- Democrat OR Republican -- who has even offered to CLEAN UP UNNECESSARY SPENDING! There is a lot of money out there that can be saved, without new taxes!!!!

Jill, thank you for posting that.........Very eye-opening.

"Will appoint judges who interpret the law, not make it"? How is that a definable category? And last I checked, Obama was for a gradual withdrawal of troops, not an immediate one.
As for the increase in taxes, how else are we supposed to support our country and dig ourselves out of Bush's debt?

Obama has changed his mind over the troops. First he said (at Ashford University in Sept 2007) that he called for a removal of the troops by the end of 2008. Sounded good I am sure to say a date to where he knew someone else would be president. AND THEN on his website he says this

Under the Obama plan, a residual force will remain in Iraq and in the region to conduct targeted counter-terrorism missions against al Qaeda in Iraq and to protect American diplomatic and civilian personnel. He will not build permanent bases in Iraq, but will continue efforts to train and support the Iraqi security forces as long as Iraqi leaders move toward political reconciliation and away from sectarianism.
"A residual force" huh sounds like they are staying to me! So go figure! Can you tell by that how long or how fast he intends to deploy our troops? NO! It is my opinion that he made a statement in haste and his party reeled him in. He says a lot but it is never consistent unless someone wrote a speech for him to learn and give.

On the "judges who interpret the law not make it" We have laws in place and I am sure no one wants judges going in to change them. The judges chosen are to UPHOLD the laws we have.

As for the taxes, President , ooops I mean candidate, John McCain is going to work on curbing spending. SOmething that Palin is very knowledgable about also. Now wouldn't you rather have us curb spending then to have a business shut down and people lose their jobs???

I would rather see every man, woman and child in the U.S. have food to eat and access to affordable healthcare. If that means I have to pay more in taxes, then I'm just fine with that. As it stands now we have businesses closing, people losing their jobs, banks failing, record home foreclosures...and we're seeing no benefit from any of it.

Obama's taxing by this chart is similar to President Clinton's. Mind you I was younger, but I recall that we had a pretty good, strong economy under Clinton.

Sigh...here we go again...

Snopes.com

What I did see on those links, supports what I agree with on Barack Obama's positions.

Social programs also include grants for things like "Studying the breeding of grasshoppers"...........etc........ This type of thing.
Yes, there are necessary Social Programs, but if one does a little digging, it's AMAZING (Scary!) where our tax dollars are going!

I have yet to hear of a politician -- Democrat OR Republican -- who has even offered to CLEAN UP UNNECESSARY SPENDING! There is a lot of money out there that can be saved, without new taxes!!!!

Jill, thank you for posting that.........Very eye-opening.
Actually, Obama said during his acceptance speech that he planned to do just that, go through the federal budget line by line to eliminate unneccesary spending
default_wink.png

I think it's more right than not, but it is a drop in the bucket as to why I'll be voting the way you know I will
default_smile.png

I would rather see every man, woman and child in the U.S. have food to eat and access to affordable healthcare. If that means I have to pay more in taxes, then I'm just fine with that.

While you may be fine with that, I am NOT...I pay 46% of my income now to taxes, I think that is more than enough...My theory is work hard to make a living, if it is not hard enough, work harder!

Great Jill.

Lots of good reading on all these sites. And for the comparisons, well maybe some people aren't as bad off as they like us to think they are. Maybe they can afford to have their taxes doubled. I know I can not afford to pay more taxes. To me the comparisons speaks volumes.

And like has been said "I'll give up my gun when they pry it from my cold dead hands".

Social Security benefits to illegals. Why? I agree if someone needs help, they need help but let them go get it in their own country or go through the proper channels here to become a citizen. The place I retired from (Heat and Glo, production of gas fireplaces) hired more Mexicans and Vietnamese then Americans. One day the law came in and took out the whole of line 5 (30+) (All Mexicans) because none of them had green cards to even be working. We laughed. They were all liars and cheaters.

Health care, I don't even like Kaiser (sp?) sister-in-law in California has it and I don't hear too much good about it. I want to go to MY doctor, not someone they tell me I have to go to.

I live in a very low income area and I know a lot of people who appear to abuse the system. I think we all have to start on our own doorsteps to help ourselves. If you don't try and work hard you simply can't make it on your own. There are too many people expecting to have things given to them. And under Obama we will all have to give a lot more than we are now. I can't afford him. My vote goes to McCain/Palin

Another thing I am wondering is why is Obama comparing himself to Palin when it comes to executive experience? He says his experience is greater because he has run his own Presidential campaign. Why is he comparing himself to her. He is running against McCain not Sarah. He should be comparing his experience to MaCains, not Palins. Right? I will say I was very impressed with Obama when he said to lay off the children, they do not belong in this. It should not be part of the campaign. As for Bristols pregnancy, it just goes to show that they are an ordinary American family living an ordinary life, making mistakes like ordinary people. We need someone like that to fight for our country instead of people who have no idea of how the other half lives.

Enough said

Thanks Jill for sharing these sites. Very interesting reading.

Social Security benefits to illegals. Why? I agree if someone needs help, they need help but let them go get it in their own country or go through the proper channels here to become a citizen. The place I retired from (Heat and Glo, production of gas fireplaces) hired more Mexicans and Vietnamese then Americans. One day the law came in and took out the whole of line 5 (30+) (All Mexicans) because none of them had green cards to even be working. We laughed. They were all liars and cheaters.Another thing I am wondering is why is Obama comparing himself to Palin when it comes to executive experience? He says his experience is greater because he has run his own Presidential campaign. Why is he comparing himself to her. He is running against McCain not Sarah. He should be comparing his experience to MaCains, not Palins. Right? I will say I was very impressed with Obama when he said to lay off the children, they do not belong in this. It should not be part of the campaign. As for Bristols pregnancy, it just goes to show that they are an ordinary American family living an ordinary life, making mistakes like ordinary people. We need someone like that to fight for our country instead of people who have no idea of how the other half lives.

Enough said
Why SS benefits? Because he intends to give them all green cards. Instead of deporting illegal aliens he intends to fast track them into getting their citizenships. So they can be on welfare legally then at our expense. Then when they hit ss age they can collect that too. He is just a mess waiting to happen!

LOL He doesn't have as much experience that Palin has.

While you may be fine with that, I am NOT...I pay 46% of my income now to taxes, I think that is more than enough...My theory is work hard to make a living, if it is not hard enough, work harder!
I think if those "all for" paying more in taxes could hang out with us in the top brackets for a year or two, while others pay a fraction of what we do, they'd sing a different tune. I wonder how many of those all for higher taxes were tickled pink with the rebate check a few months ago... you know, the ones those that REALLY pay into the system did not qualify to receive.

I'd love to come hang out with you folks in the top bracket for a while. Because then I could probably pay off my car, afford my own house, AND STILL be able to make the contributions to charity, taxes, and this country that I want to make.

That would be awesome!

Latest posts

Back