Here's a horse that didn't win a darn thing

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

yankee_minis

Reaction score
Here is Daystar's Savannah Rose, or Savannah. She's R and about 33 inches tall. We put her in the local show this past weekend and she was the only horse that didn't place in Mares 2 & older.
rolleyes.gif

She's got 2 pretty blue eyes and a lot of white on her face. I love her looks and can't wait to see what she gives us for a baby next summer.

savannah1asm.jpg

savannahL2sm.jpg

Aww, I love her! She doesn't need a ribbon to show how much you love her. I love her eyes! They are breath-taking.
wub.gif

Only thing that really matters is what you think of her!!
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

Glad you had fun at the show!

Must have been hard work getting her clean for the show with all that white, you did a nice job!

I wish I could have gone but my parents are in town!

Must have been hard work getting her clean for the show with all that white, you did a nice job!
She is actually quite dirty here. Her last bath was Friday and these pics were today. She only got a little brushing for the pic.

Imagine this-- I showed her and my grey (white!!) stallion, Anzara, plus a little bay pinto. Wish I'd brought my black horse instead!! LOL

Nice she sure has bright blue eyes.
biggrin.gif

Oh ribbons, schmibbons, she's #1 to you and that is all that counts!
firstprize.gif
firstprize.gif
firstprize.gif
She's quite lovely.

She is a beauty! She should have won. You just never know a judge's preferences. She reminds me of my Misty that I bought from Marnie, and I adore her.

not to be the bad guy here but why don't you take her to some other shows and see what the other judges think of her before you make the decision to breed her

[SIZE=14pt]You know, she is colored alot like Carbon and sometimes judges have a hard time getting past the odd ball coloring that you and I both love. Carbon has placed first under one judge and 5th under another. They eiither love her or hate her because of her coloring. That is just something to think about.[/SIZE]

f2e5d89a.jpg

Lyn

lyn_j said:
[SIZE=14pt]You know, she is colored alot like Carbon and sometimes judges have a hard time getting past the odd ball coloring that you and I both love. Lyn[/SIZE]
Yup, thought of that, Lyn. Thanks. I think she's a nice looking mare and she is a sweetie too.

not to be the bad guy here but why don't you take her to some other shows and see what the other judges think of her before you make the decision to breed her
I'm breeding her because she's what I want. My point is that it doesn't matter to me that she didn't win in that local show. (And here in Maine, local shows are all we have.)

aktion033.gif
aktion033.gif

I'd show her, I like her. Some judges just can't seem to look past color. Great example is Ginny's, Mikey. Nice nice horse!!!!!!!! But judges can't see past his color. But he is one nice, built boy!

We are just getting into Mini's ourself.. But, My Daughter and I both said "oh pretty" when she walked into the ring. Just because this judge didn't place her means nothing. I know we are going to get that in Halter once we start to show, some of the ones we plan to show are stocky and heavy boned.. The most important thing is you are happy with them.

I think she's beautiful!

I always tell my hubby "it's what one person (the judge) likes."

I had a ball at the show, your horses are very nice.

Anzara is more beautiful in person too.

Lee

Latest posts

Back