HERE WE GO AGAIN.....

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

miniaddiction

Reaction score
Im sure most of you remember my mare Katie and her foaling last year...for those of you who dont here is the old thread WHERE IS MY FOAL???

So she looks about the same as she did in these pics from last year...udder maybe fuller and tighter.

Her vulva is looong and relaxed and bright pink almost red inside.

She has been up and down all day and is testing at about 70-80% on the milk test strips.

I am so nervous about this foaling after last years disaster, I just want everything to be smooth and uneventful!!! Hopefully she goes tonight or holds on for another day because I have to work tomorrow, mum will be here of course but its not the same
default_wink.png
Vets number is on speed dial and she has been notified we are close..

I could really use some thoughts and prayers for this baby.

Thanks guys, will keep you updated!

Oooh! My fingers are crossed that all goes well!
default_yes.gif

Does your mum know what to do to birth out a foal?
default_smile.png

Best of luck to you and your mare!
default_pray.gif

Best of luck Helen, & give Katie a hug from me!

I know it's very hard not to worry after last year, but this time around will have a much better outcome. I'll be thinking good thoughts for her.

Well...its 2.30am and still nothing. I so hope she can hold on till I get home from work at 5pm tonight...

Robin, yeah, mum would be fine with her...I just really dont want to miss it!

Well...its 2.30am and still nothing. I so hope she can hold on till I get home from work at 5pm tonight...
Robin, yeah, mum would be fine with her...I just really dont want to miss it!
Im crossing my fingers everything goes well for little katie helen!

keep us updated, and make sure you take pics when the little tyke is born, and that is non negotionable by the way!

default_biggrin.png
default_aktion033.gif
default_yes.gif

Best wishes on your foaling!!
default_smile.png

Send good thoughts and prayers, good luck!!

Thanks everyone!

Still no baby, Im glad she didnt go while I was at work..Im home the rest of the week.

I am getting to the stage of asking myself why I do it lol...She is actually down a little on the test strips which I cant work out???

Also, foaling alarm appears to be on the fritz!! I got up every hour last night to watch her because I didnt trust it.

I dont know how anyone copes with having more than one due at once!

Hey Helen which strips are you using? Meg never found hers worked too well but we had no trouble with ours, we used 6:1 and I think Meg used 4:1.

We have 2 due within a day of each other

Victoria, Im using the Mother Natures Kit strips

Its tricky because even though her udder seems really full and tight..I cant get more than about 1mL out at a time. She was the same last year, had a huge udder before foaling but couldn't get much milk, and then had buckets of it straight after foaling.

I dont know....mares!!!!

Latest posts

Back