Here we go again - the joys of mare stare

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Danielle_E.

Reaction score
I purposely didn't breed last year because of my son's wedding this summer and the fact we would be away in July for the wedding in Newfoundland. Well, surprise
default_new_shocked.gif
:DOH! . My mare, Crystal, the one who lost her foal last year, is expecting within the next 3 weeks, I think
default_unsure.png
. Late last year, last week of September, my yearling colt decided he wanted to become a man, he was out with the herd and sure enough I caught him in the act of "trying". Seems like he did more than trying and the result will be Crystal's foal
default_wacko.png
. I should have known better but no point in crying over spilled milk as they say so here I go again with the sleepless nights and the insanity that goes along with mare stare
default_laugh.png
. Hopefully we won't have a repeat of last year with her losing her foal. I just can't go with losing another......
default_no.gif
. So I will keep you all posted as the shanigans of the next few weeks start to unfold. As of last night Crystal is starting to bag-up. She is irritable with the others and prefers to be by herself and she is very loving towards me which makes me think she will go sooner than later but than she has fooled me in the past. I did the ring test and it told me a "colt" (just what I need, not, ROFL) so we will see if it is accurate for me this time as it has never failed me before in predicting the sex of the foals born here. Wish us luck!

Last edited by a moderator:
I remember those long sleepless nights, having to look at a calendar to figure out what day it was. Walking around like a zombie.
default_biggrin.png

Hang in there, it will all be over in oh maybe 30 days or maybe 45. I will keep my fingers crossed that she foals soon for you and that all goes well and that she gives you a healthy little filly!

P.S. Are you still soaping? Would love to see your latest creations.

What a surprise for sure! It's meant to be for some reason. Probably be the nicest baby you ever had!!!! Anyway, keep us updated, I can't wait to see the outcome!!!!

Joyce

default_saludando.gif
Hi Denise and Joyce. Yes it sure was a surprise that she caught but I wasn't the skeptic. I remember when I saw him and my girlfriend was over and I was not happy about his antics and my friend said to me, oh he's too young, he didn't connect, etc. etc. and me the proverbial pesimist and realist said "I don't know", I had this gut feeling and early spring this year when she wasn't coming into heat and her girth, well I was proved right, lol. If it is a colt I have already decided on his barn name "Joker"
default_rolleyes.gif
default_laugh.png

I have not done any CP soap making since the spring but plan on getting back into it this Fall.

Can't wait to see what little surprise you get...and of course we need pictures
default_biggrin.png

I pray the baby (think filly!) makes an easy entrance into the world! I remember your loss last year.

Good luck Danielle!

Those little yearlings can be sneaky now can't they. Best of luck to you and I look forward to a wonderful foal announcement soon!
default_smile.png
default_wink.png

Back