Help!!!

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Driving4fun

Reaction score
Hi,

First time here. Have always been on the mini board. My daughter wants a bigger pony to show at world class show and do some open shows. I have search high and low to no avail. Does anyone out there have a quiet very broke pony gelding for sale for a 5 year old. Mostly all lead line and showmanship showing right now. Getting desperate, thought we would have found one before now. I know this isn't the sale board but advertised there and got so many emails with everything but what we are looking for. Needs to be 38"-48" and would even consider bigger if right horse. Prefer gelding, that loves kids and no bad habits, decent conformation - no sick horses or crooked legs! I have made two very long trips to see ponies that were not properly advertised! Does not have to be registered! Please someone help! What happened to all the little back yard ponies this size?? Willing to buy, trade, or lease. We will provide a wonderful, caring, loving home. Hope no one gets mad I put this here. Maybe some advise where else to look?

Thanks

Some breeds i would say you should take into consideration are

Welshs & Welsh Cobs

Classic Shetland

I dont know if you have tried www.horsetopia.com www.dreamhorse.com www.equinehits.com

Type in all your search info and go through. Make sure to try just 'Pony' in the search for breed and normally allot of nice broke ponies come up.

Also, Nicole here on the forum trains Kids ponies. She has a pony that will reach around 42'' tall but he is only about a yr and half.

Try posting this on the Sale Board.

Leeana H.

I would call Dr Taylor and see what he has. He normally has quite a few trained geldings for sale. He has awesome ponies! www.taylorponyfarm.com for quicker response i would call vs email.

Also check with Getitia at Buckeye. I know she has a beautiful show mare for sale but shes not broke to ride to my knowledge. www.buckeyewcf.com

I completely forgot about Doc Taylor.

He is located in West Unity ohio, Northwestern up here about 1/2 hr from me. If you look at there auction catalog which i think the link is on the home page you can go through the sales list and see some of the kids ponies he has offered for sale and the average price i beleive is around $300. They have a sale every year around May i believe. Most are broke to drive and ride to so thats a plus. But take a look at some of the pictures on the auction catalog at the kids ponies he sells and that will give you an idea.

I cant believe i forgot about the Taylors. If i remember correctly Getitia has a 14hh Quarter Pony for sale at the moment as well if you take a look at her site, which kay posted. She is green broke and i think had 30 days profession training.

I had a 40'' grade small pony that i sold early last week who jumped and was green broke to ride bc my little nephew moved so we couldnt finish him off ridding, but he would have made a great leadline pony. If only you had posted this sooner, i'd loved to see him go to a forum member!

Good Luck in your search, i've found that the horses i like best come along right after i stop looking for them.

Leeana H.

Hey Cindy. You might want to check with Rhapsody of Appy Hollow. I think she has a shetland gelding that fits that description for sale. Also, you might want to check with the Sutphins of Whispering Hills since they have shetlands too.

-Amy

Latest posts

Back