Help, with color

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

beaminewbie

Reaction score
I have a two month old colt who's sire is a silver dapple pinto and dam is a red roan color. What color is my boy? Can some email me and I can send them a pic of him to post!! Thank You very much!!

I'd love to help, but I don't have a scanner!
no.gif
I just happened to have bred the same colors last year and I really struggled with how to register the baby. He was born a milk chocolate brown with a dark mane and tail, and it looked like black legs were on their was, so I thought a dark bay. Then I realized his mane and tail were growing in a pretty pewter silver color. I clipped him and he became kind of a tan dun. Then, a month or so later I had to clip him again for something and he was the most fabulous dark silver with dapples coming out. Wow, I can't hardly keep up with him. My last baby out of this pair ended up a blue roan. Roll the dice! I hope you can get your picture scanned in. I'd love to see your color. Linda

Thank You for posting the pic. I am sending you a pic of mom, it is a very bad pic I took tonight and had to fix the lighting on it!! So what color would you call him? Thanks again!!
smile.gif

Callie.jpg

And there ^^^ is mom... who in that photo looks kinda like a silver bay roan.... ???

The colt looks palomino in that pic - could be silver dapple though... as he would need a dilute parent to be a palomino...
smile.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
Dam has no black in her. I have some say she looks appy! I don't know!! her sire is Mhoon's Little King's Rose by Little King's Monarch and dam is Gray Baby by 4G's Fashionable Short Stuff. I don't know if that will help at all!! She is registered as grey! Thanks

I personally think your horse is silver dapple and a cute one at that

I'd also lean towards Silver. Most of our silvers are that color when they're born. Here's a pic of my Silver Pinto filly born to our Silver Dapple Mare and Sorrel Pinto stud.

TassiRunning_small.JPG

Dam definitely looks like a Silver Bay Roan- what are the colours of the Dams parents?? She is NOT grey!! Foal is a Silver - what sort is yet to be determined as he could well be a Silver Bay. They often start out confused with Palominos, which he cannot be UNLESS the sire is a Smoky Silver Pinto!!! If the Dam actually were a RED Roan- which the picture is too dark to tell- then the foal could be a Palomino.

Because of the silvery lower legs I am going for Silver Bay, though.

Do you know the colour of the sires parents as well??

Both parents look SILVER to me - sire "silver dapple" and dam "silver bay"

IMO --The foal is most likely either "silver dapple" or "chocolate silver" -- you'll find out which as it matures -- if it is chocolate it will darken as it ages.

Good looking horses!

Thank you Tagalong for posting my pics!!!! Also thanks everyone for letting me know what color these guys are!! I am new to minis and I can't believe all the colors!!!
wacko.gif

Thanks Bluerocket for the compliment!!
smile.gif

Latest posts

Back