Help with color

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lorifla

Reaction score
I am a little unexperienced with all the colors. I would call him a white medicine hat with pinto blood. However, Now I am hearing the word cremello. Please look at my avatar. He has two blue eyes. Thanks
wacko.gif

To me, he looks like a sorrel medicine hat pinto. I know he's not cremello. Cremello's are kind of off-white with blue eyes. His marking on his head is way too dark to be cremello. He looks really cute!!!

Also, in order to be cremello, he would need to have one creme dilute gene from each parent, and your mare looks sorrel or bay (not dilute). So, she can't produce a double dilute (cremello, perlino).

Jill said:
To me, he looks like a sorrel medicine hat pinto.  I know he's not cremello.  Cremello's are kind of off-white with blue eyes.  His marking on his head is way too dark to be cremello.  He looks really cute!!!
424395[/snapback]

Agreed
yes.gif

Not good with colors but boy is he cute!!!
wub.gif
I love that picture, he looks like he has a great personality!
biggrin.gif

OKay, good. That helps with the cremello issue. (And, does he have personality! I Love the little guy)!
wub.gif

Latest posts

Back