Help Watching Marestare please??

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have watched your cam a few times but being on dial up do not get the full benefit of it. This morning it appears to be working pretty well. Your little mare is moving around a good bit it seems.

How does her milk feel to you? I can always tell by the stickyness of the milk when they are to foal. I take a bit between my thumb and middle finger and tap my fingers. It is sticks "right away" she is due right away. If there are some seconds before your fingers sticks together it will be a little longer. I check my mares a couple of times a day like that. And of course the fullness of the bag and whether the nipples are filled with milk. This works most of the time.

Good luck,

Beth

* Well morning my time, eve your time.

Last edited by a moderator:
I just looked and she seems to be thinking about something???

How long has she been stretched out like that???

She's so large, poor little girl.

My cam view is on 15 min delay. Is she foaling now? Soon if not now...................

Beth

She was down like that for about 15 mins. She was up for while but had been laying on her left side prior to that, she still has hay on her side.

She will foal soon her sides are sunken in and rear is very relaxed and sloped.

B

She looks uncomfortable.

I would think soon too, but they sure can fool you.

I glad the critters are gone...rats, or whatever they were.

The last mare that foaled was like this one. She kept us guessing for days.......

They come when they are ready and not a moment before!

She seems a bit more uncomfortable now. She has been pawing and a lot of up and down. She might be getting close!!

Renee- I will watch, too! You have such a lovely place there
default_smile.png

Peggy

www.albahurst.com

Just wanted to bump this one up as I have been checking the cam. for three days and can't believe she hasn't foaled yet.

I would hate to miss it!

Yes, Rose is STILL hanging on. I cant believe it, she looks soooo ready!
default_new_shocked.gif

I have added an electronic (plug in) rat repellant to the stable, it seems to make the rats uncomfortable enough to not want to stick around too long. Its the most success i have had so far in keeping them at bay anyway, all else has failed.

Karen, thanks for the offer of your cat. Im sure you would miss her too much though lol

Roses milk is thick, and has been for days, she has been testing the 5th square on the milk strips of 6 days now! lol But i have since read that the Ph is what counts, and this test only checks Calcium.
default_wacko.png

I hope for both our sake she goes soon!!!

Thanks for watching her

Yes, Rose is STILL hanging on. I cant believe it, she looks soooo ready!
default_new_shocked.gif

I have added an electronic (plug in) rat repellent to the stable, it seems to make the rats uncomfortable enough to not want to stick around too long. Its the most success i have had so far in keeping them at bay anyway, all else has failed.

I am getting a Heavy duty pest chaser (high frequency sound repels rodents) so hope it will work for us, especially for the winter here.

Good Luck with Rose, hope she foals soon
default_saludando.gif

The milk should not only be thick but STICKY per post above. What are her breeding dates? The first and last dates?

I am watching too and am just sure she is about to foal. That is SO GOOD you let her out during the day..........................I feel that you will have less chance of dystocia's that way.

I hope when I check again there are TWO in the stall.............one much smaller than the other.
default_smile.png

Beth

Just moving this one up as I have watched the little girl so long she feels like mine
default_wub.png

I hope she goes soon with no trouble. What a sweetie.

She is looking pretty comfortable right now. She just layed down (not flat out!!!) and appears to be resting comfortably.

Back