Help w/AMHR Paperwork

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Charlie Horse Acres

Reaction score
I am trying to get the paperwork filled out to register my AMHA mare with AMHR. I THINK I am filling out the right form (new to AMHR) but one of the questions has me stumped. I do not know what to call the patterns on my pinto's face.

In this first photo it is real hard to see BUT this is the only picture I have on-line that has a picture of her "snake bite" marks (as I call them) that are on her face right above her nose. You can see one of the marks if you enlarge the photo but not the other. Is it too small to worry about mentioning on her paperwork? It is an inherited mark. Her mother has the same thing. If it was lower I would just call it a snip. In this picture you can only see one of the two marks but they are identical and spaced about the same as a rattle snake bite. The mark you can see in this picture is just below her noseband.

2696363706_65ec9a6ec2_m.jpg

This picture you can see her mark on her forhead. If it was round I would call it a star. If it was all the way down I would call it a strip. Not sure what to call it since it is neither. Yes it is just a white line about two inches long. I call it her Harry Potter lighting bolt. Her forlock is covering it up in the first photo. And you can just barely see her snake bite marks in this one because the nose band is almost on top of them.

2695547037_848058f94a_m.jpg

Any help would be much appreciated. I am trying to get all my paperwork in order as I have purchased a few mini's this year. Is there a discount when you transfer several of them at one time? The $200 to register this one in R is killing me but she is the only one that I have now (excluding my rescues) that is not triple registered. I would be happy to help anyone with thier pinto paperwork but this R stuff is trying to get the better of me.

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't think it should matter much since they now use the photos, but I would just describe it as you would to anyone and let them decide what to word it as. I would just state "narrow vertical line shaped star" and "2 white spots just above muzzle". Let them worry about the proper terms they want to use. No, no discounts are offered.

Last edited by a moderator:
They can decide what markings she has or not, just get a clear picture of her face, would be best if there was no halter.

Be sure to use a photo that has her forelock pulled back. And as long as you mention a white mark on her forehead, they can decide to call it a "star" or not. I agree.......that is an interesting marking.

Thanks for the info. I was going to try and do the pictures tonight if I can get the horses to cooperate with the picture requirements. Asking Babe to stand still long enough to get her picture taken.....
default_new_rofl.gif
May have to wait until I can get a second pair of hands.

Thanks for the help!!

Latest posts

Back