Help Please!!

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Katie Iceton

Reaction score
Gah does anyone know what I can do for my horse who looks like he has been stung by a wasp/bee because his face is all swollen up esp. his eyelids and his face in general is puffy??? He is breathing fine and I dont think hes in shock but is there anythin I can give him for the swelling?!

Do you have any kind of antihistimine? TriHist, AniHist? Benadryl will work too. If he's not having respiratory issues, then he should be ok. You can also give him some Banamine. It will help reduce inflammation. You may also want to call your vet and see what he/she recommends.

Do you have any kind of antihistimine? TriHist, AniHist? Benadryl will work too. If he's not having respiratory issues, then he should be ok. You can also give him some Banamine. It will help reduce inflammation. You may also want to call your vet and see what he/she recommends.

I have Benedryl in a tablet form...can I give him this in a bit of grain? Just one tablet? I did phone a vet and they said that it may go away on its own but if it worsens to call them but they didnt give me any ideas on what to give him...

Make sure it's STRAIGHT Benedryl.......with just the antihistimene. Grind or mash it, and syringe it with some water into him. One tablet. I keep some on hand for our horses all the time.....just in case.

I keep a coffee bean grinder in the barn for situations like that. Some tablets "melt" in water and some don't.

You can mix it with applesauce and use it in the syringe also. Or try just a spoon. With the apple taste, mine just lick it up.

Thanks so much guys he is doin much better the swelling is going awayon its own, it just really startled me haha. but Thanks so much!!!!!!!

Latest posts

Back