HELP! Pedigree for rescued mini

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shelly

Reaction score
I recently purchased a rescued mini mare and am trying desperately to track her parentage. Her name is Sara and she was one of 18 rescued in April 2005 by Rosedale Equine Facility in Uxbridge Massachusetts. The farm she was rescued from was in Upton Massachusetts owned by Jerrold Arnowitz and Maria Kelleghan. Sara is a silver dapple with flaxen mane and tail and she was pregnant at the time of rescue. All the minis were supposedly DNA typed at the time of rescue and if anyone can help me find out who has this information, PLEASE email me ASAP. Thanks soooooo much!

Shelly - this was the rescue that became the reason for the formation of the Northeast Miniature Horse Club. We were very much involved in this, and perhaps I can help you. You should know, however, that Kelleghan/Arnowitz hardly ever did any paperwork. No horses were DNA'd at time of rescue. Some that were rescued had previously been DNA'd and had Parentage Qualified AMHA papers. I don't believe Sara was one of them, but perhaps we could do some DNA matching. UC Davis has been very helpful to us, as has the AMHA.

I hope I can help you, and will be glad to try. Please email me directly. [email protected]

So glad that whatever the outcome, you were able to give Sara a permanent home!

Shelly, Cindy is the best! I never thought to ask her about this information. If there is any info to be found, she will find it!!

Your mare is awesome, I hope we can find out who she is!!!

Joyce

Latest posts

Back