Help needed to get Lucky out to Jodi

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

lyn_j

Reaction score
[SIZE=14pt]Jodi and Joy have kindly accepted to have Lucky come live with them. I need to have help getting him there.....if anyone can help with transporting him I would appreciate it. I wish I had the money to take care of it myself but I dont. Can we get a fund together and then hire transport please????
wub.gif
[/SIZE]

Lyn

[SIZE=14pt]Lyn.......From where to where. Some folks might not know where Jodi is.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14pt]Joy and Jodi are in Pocatello Idaho. Jodi is the little girl that lost her show horse when the mares were hit. I dont have any fillies or mares to offer, all I have is Lucky and so I thought if they liked him I would send him to help with the sadness a little. I need to get him from Richmond Virginia to Idaho. I know it is a long way but its Christmas and there must be a miracle out there somewhere![/SIZE]

Lyn

[SIZE=14pt]Sure wish I could help. If he was coming through NM I could meet them at the border and deliver to the border of UT or CO. [/SIZE]

Maybe a caravan with different peopleeach doing a leg of the journey.I can help some financially, but I am too far out of the way to haul.Also try contacting some of the regular horse transport companies&people and see if they will help since it is a very special situation.I know there is a way.Also contact Gini at chances Mini Horse rescue.This is a special situation and she can really get things done.She has lots of contacts all over this big country

Lyn where in VA are you? I want to see what the best route would be for this.

[SIZE=14pt]Richmond is in Central Virginia. near where 64 and 95 intersect. I am going to Florida the 23 with the trailer we are going down 95. I know that is the oposite way practically but if someone were heading out from along 95 somewhere...... There has to be a way.[/SIZE]

Lyn

[SIZE=14pt]Lyn-[/SIZE]

I can't help with the actual trailering, but would be glad to make a donation to help the people who can. Is there somewhere I can send a check?

My heart is breaking for them - what an awful thing to have happen.

Barbie

[SIZE=14pt]Lyn we know well the difficulties of getting money in and out of the US but I would still like to donate.[/SIZE]

Lyn, Do you suppose requesting a "special type" of transport request,- to see if there are any transporters out there that are allready going that way, that may want to help out? Give me the 2 zip codes and I will see if their are any big hearted transporters out there.

God bless you Lyn! I don't have a trailer, but if we can get something set up to auction off donated items I am sure I can find a still boxed up Breyer model or two that I can donate. Those run about $40 each and might help a little...

-Amy

[SIZE=14pt]Thanks everyone!!! I talked to Ginny St P well sort of got a PM from her and she said chance is donating and whatever over we need she is so make your donations to Chance Mini Horse Rescue and earmark for Jodis horse. Im so happy that we are going to get Lucky to her!!! This is his destiny to be her gift. My zip code is 23231. Have to get Joy and Jodis . Lucky already has a coggins and I will get him a health Certificate asap.[/SIZE]

Lyn

You are a very wonderful person!
aktion033.gif
Keep us posted on if a ride is found, I am making a trip from Michigan to Wisconsin, I could meet someone somewhere if we can match up some rides!! Can you post some pics of Lucky so we can see?
aktion033.gif

[SIZE=14pt]Please dont praise me for this.... God said to give and Im giving Lucky to Jodi as an extension of His love to me..... So many people have helped me in my life. I was a horse crazy girl once too....still am although my mother keeps asking me when Im going to grow up. If I havent in 52 years its not likely going to happen! lol If I can wipe just one tear away by letting Lucky love Jodi then I have all the thanks I need. God bless THEM. They all need His warmth and love. I really believe that this is what Lucky was born for. We lost his full sister last year and were so devastated. We rejoiced when he came filling our life with color and love and joy.... its time he moves to his next assignment bringing happiness back in a small way in Idaho.[/SIZE]

Lyn

Way to go Lyn, I hear you when He says give we are obligated to do so. It is your obedience to Him that I see, so God bless you for your obedience to Him. Have a blessed holiday season and I hope the transportation falls in place.

Dear Lyn,

Yesterday morning Joy and I corresponded as well. Through talking with her yesterday, we too, have offered a special new love for her family. However, I only received her confirmation of acceptance just this morning.

If anyone can help with transport of our mare, Desi (Seminole's Frosted Desert Rose), we'd be most grateful for any assistance. Perhaps, when you come to Florida in a couple weeks, she can go back to Virginia with you, and Desi and Lucky can both travel together to their new family?

In His Hands,

Tanya

I will transport to either Toledo, OH or to Nashville, TN. Which ever one would work for someone to get him from there. If someone can bring up the mare from Tanya, I have room for 4 horses in my small trailer, if there are more to go I have a 10 horse trailer. If anyone is looking to ship a horse from this direction, North Carolina, going west then that would help cover the cost of taking two other horses, I will do the trip for the cost of fuel. I can do this trip anytime, but would love to be able to get the horses to Joy and Jodi by Christmas. If we have to make the trip from FL in legs, I can also come pick up the mare in advance if someone can at least get her to SC. Its time to make Christmas mean what its suppose to. I think we can make this happen.

[SIZE=14pt]Tanya where are you in FL? Karen Hunter was willing to take Lucky to Toledo Ohio next week if we could get him a ride from there..... We were hoping to get him there for Jodi for christmas. I would be glad to bring your mare back here for part of her trip..... Lets see what we can work out. We will be in Palm City with the trailer at Amandas on the 23 but wont be returning to VA until Jan 2. We will go from Ft Lauderdale at my parents appartment on the monday after Christmas to Winterhaven then Home from there on Jan 2.[/SIZE]

Lyn

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back