Help me out, what's going on

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Costco has a 4 camera security system with a DVR that you can record with. I'd get the idiots recorded so you can prove they were there. It's only $299 right now thru mid Oct. I think. We love ours. It has 2 wide view and 2 regular views with infra red. You can see great at night. We watch it on our tv and laptop when we are on vacation. Good luck and please contact me if you have any other questions about this system. It's a Q-See brand. Lori

Here's the camera set we got. I tried to insert the link but not sure if it worked.

http://www.costco.com/Browse/Product.aspx?...=&s=1"]Visit My Website[/url]

Last edited by a moderator:
Thank you all so much for yor suggestions, I am checking into a few of your ideas.

Yesterday I came home, all was ok until I went into the girls side of the barn. All their halters, leads and brushes were out in the dry lot, actually very wet lot as we have had a ton of rain. They are on hooks in the barn hung just over 6 feet high.

I put up No Trespass signs, a sign that says, Security Camera in Use, and a Camera on the outside corner of the barn that is visable when you go towards the barn.

Out of pure chance my hours were changed at work today. Came home at 9 and was home for several hours before going back to work. Left my truck at a friends and they brought me home. Nothing happened today, not sure if it was the signs, the camera or the 2 inches of rain that stopped them. My hope is they are done being stupid.

Thanks again for all your help, much appreciated!

Carolyn, I would also write a letter to the people doing this, and pin it up where they will find it.

I have had problems like this and, whilst I will not say it completely stopped the problems, That and the prominently displayed, GUARD DOGS LOOSE, ENTER AT YOUR OWN RISK signs did help a lot.

I put something along the lines of " I know who you are and I shall not tolerate this behaviour.

I do not care why you are doing it, if you continue I shall take action against you, both legal and immediate, physical action. You have been warned"

It also made me feel a lot better!!!
default_wink.png

PS, I had NO idea who was doing it, BTW.

I have found that some of the most watchful eyes are the easiest to "cultivate" to watch my place. All the kids in my neighborhood.....if they are out biking past my place I say hello and invite them to come see the horses. I make it clear that they are ALWAYS welcome at my place IF I AM HOME and ONLY IF I AM HOME and then they can play with the horses to their hearts content. (and they LOVE helping by carrying feed, etc.)

The advantage of this - I ask them to keep an eye on the place since they are always biking up and down my road.....and they are better than watch dogs because they can identify anyone they see in my yard!! Haven't ever had a problem since moving here....don't know if it's because of my 2-legged watchers or that I'm just fortunate, but it sure doesn't hurt anything.

Last edited by a moderator:
i seem to have a feeling the substance in the water was beer, the only thin I can think of that creates a film like that, I would put a gate at the entrance to your property, and maybe get a gaurd dog as well, Hotwire the pastures it seems to me like a bunch of dum kids, if someone wanted your horses they probably would have been taken, but it my be your ex wanting to freak you out he proabaly remebrs your schedule or he or someone else might be watching you, its scary but true so please be care ful in the barn at night, you never know whos hiding in the next stall so carry a knife or gun and cell phone or when you can, always feed using the buddy system.

Holly Cow !!!
default_new_shocked.gif
I hope you take every precaution you can to protect not only your

animals but YOURSELF ! I had a home envasion where someone kicked in my unlocked door in broad daylight and held me captive laying on the floor while the second person robbed and rifled my house. I was not hurt but I tell you, it has taken me years to recover as I was told by police after that they were probably watching us prior to the robbery. It is the most CREEPY SCARY feeling in the world. I used to be a pretty compliant person but I tell you after that "If you enter my property or home with the intention of doing harm to myself, family or animals, I WILL TAKE YOU DOWN with any means I can" It does A LOT of mental damage when someone play with you like that and you dont know WHO or WHERE they are or WHAT thier intentions are.

Please, please dont take this lightly and use what ever you have to, to find out who it is and what they want. Stay Safe.

I think I need a smaller friend to have with me.
I wouldn't go with a smaller friend.....I'd go with a HUGE one. If they're watching let them see you carrying a shotgun or rifle around. It may get their attention. A small gun is only going to help you if they're there at the same time you are. With a BIG one they might just stay away.

Latest posts

Back