Help Interpreting AMHA World Show Qualifying - Points

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
S

StarRidgeAcres

Can someone please help me understand the required qualifying points for the Amateur Level 1 Senior Mare Class? Maybe it's always been listed this way in the rule book, but the 2012 version is the first time I've noticed it. It's on page 165. I noticed this is not the only class listed in this manner, this is just one example. Here is what is in the rule book:

WS-030 CLASSES

55. Amateur Senior Mares, level 1…........................2

55A. Amateur Senior Mares 30” & under, level 1…..0

55B. Amateur Senior Mares over 30-34,” level 1…..2

Is this saying that if you show a senior mare that measures 30" or under, you need not qualify? But if your mare measures over 30" you must have at least 2 points? And if my interpretation is correct, you can really just show up at the world show with a 8 year old mare that measures 29" and walk into the class with her? Does the "handler" have any qualifications to meet in this instance?

Thanks for the help!

Parmela, you are correct all 30" and under amateur horses require zero qualification points. I showed a 30" & under colt a couple years ago that i hadn't shown all year until the World Show.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks Aubrey! I never realized this. I've always assumed, I know...shouldn't do that, that I had to qualify for my ammy classes. I only show 30" and under horses so I guess technically I didn't need to. Learned something new today. Thanks again.

Latest posts

Back