Help in East Texas

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Range

Reaction score
We cannot find any hay! I'm currently getting bales at the hardware store, but they will run out soon or get totally overpriced! The gentleman we get round bales from isn't selling. We have to have hay to make it through the rest of this summer and the winter. This drought is killing us.... Those of you in East Texas, where are you getting your hay? I will take horse quality mixed grass or coastal.....

Thank you in advance for any help you can provide!

If you want to take a drive, we raise great coastal. We are an hour west of Fort Worth and you can get both rounds and squares. Go to my website, minidrivinghorse.com and e-mail from there if you are interested.

we're a little farther west but here in Rotan, which is about 70 miles n.w of Abilene Tx. we get good coastal square bales for 4.50 a bale.....you pick it up....

I'm in SE TX... Southeast Texas.com the have listings all over east Texas and West Louisiana... I saw several ads for people baling hay. You can find just about anything there. Hope that helps... I can't remember if it was under "Farm and Ranch", "Livestock" or, "Horse Equestrian"...sorry. I do remember on saying they were baling and you could get it for $2.75 out of the pasture that day. Where in east TX are you? I might can direct you some other ways...

Chris B.

Last edited by a moderator:
Try Jakes Feed Store in Longview. Thompsons feed store on hwy 271 in Gladewater. Start stacking it up now, its suppose to go up to $8.00 a bale. Ive got 100 coming and hopefully we'll get a third cutting and that we are square baling.

Where are you in East Texas?

We are waiting for the hay man to come cut right now. I will be selling half of my cut which will be our 2nd this summer, it is mostly coastal with my neighbors Bahia(sp) sneaking in some. Pm me, I will have plenty for the winter with my half and whats left from the first cut.
wink.gif

Latest posts

Back