Help, I need your opinion

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jcpminiaturehorses

Reaction score
I need everyone's opinion. I am getting ready to purchase a miniature donkey possibly next weekend and I want something to put in with my mini horses. Should I get a young one, male or female? Is one better than the other for a guard? Should I purchase a young one so it grows up with the herd? I need opinions before I look for one!

Well, it all depends on what you intend to do with it in the future. Of course, a gelding would be able to run with mares or stallions. I've heard that the jennies make better guard animals but I can't say that from personal experience. I only have the one jack. He went after the dogs when he first got here but with our fencing, we don't get stray dogs in our yard.

We got Kilroy when he was a yearling. He lived with the mares because he was going to be used to bred them. It worked as the first time we brought a jenny over, he didn't want anything to do with her.

Part of me says to follow your heart. The right one will meet you. Good luck in your new venture.

Hey I have two mini donkey geldings for sale. Both are registered and both are in with mini horses now and get along fine with them. If you are interested email me at [email protected] am located in North Georgia.

Latest posts

Back