Help, I need a name

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cjacobucci

Reaction score
Help. We puchased a colt this summer and the previous owner thought it would be nice to let us name him. he's a very sweet colt with lots of personality. His barn name is Presley. I jsut can't think of what to put down on his papers for a registered name. Is using just "Presley" too plain and short?

His sire was Ghostwinds Ali Rat

His dam was RCS Lil Charade

presley2.jpg

Any suggestion or help would be appreciated. I've never been real good at coming up with show names for my horses.

Thanks,

Carrie

How about Ghostwinds Lil Presley? Or your farm name with Presley at the end. What is your farm name? How about your farm name with Lil Elvis presley added to it?

Christy

Ok... Here are some suggestions. Since you call him Presley, you could name him after any of Elvis's songs.

Don't know your farm name or what prefix you would like, but if you have one, put it in front of the following:

All Shook Up

From a Jack to a King

Jailhouse Rock

Return to Sender

But I think I have one that would fit better than the others IMO.

King Of Rock

And you would still use his barn name of Presley as that really is the same.
wink.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
personally i think presley is just fine doesnt have to be a big ol long name at all

It is all personal preference if you want a long or short registered name...I grew up with my mom making fancy registered names for her poodles so naturally I love long registered names! I also like to keep some part of mom and dads names in there so when people hear your colts name belted out over a loudspeaker they can go "ohhh, he's from so and so's stallion/mare!" Hmm...here's my suggestions!:

His sire was Ghostwinds Ali Rat

His dam was RCS Lil Charade

RCS Ghostwinds Lil Presley

Ghostwinds Lil Presley Ali (like al-eye aka alias...you know!)

Presleys Lil Ghostwinds Charade

RCS Presleys Ghostly Charade

Or like they said, add your farm name in front of one of the above and it would be a long name but also your own long name! Just my thoughts =)

I like Nila's idea of using Elvis songs. Presleys Thank You Very Much!

Latest posts

Back