Help, I need a cold remedy asap!

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Valerie

Reaction score
Ok, here's the problem, I am planning a big party on Sat to celebrate my hubby's upcoming 40th B-day....today I woke up feeling kinda icky....(now I have terrible allergies & thought, hmm ok, just need more meds)...but by mid-day, I was starting to get that whole nasal drainage & sore throat....and I was cold most of the day....... Anyway, I totally think I am coming down with something & need some good old home remedies.... I can't be sick for this party.... I have to cook most of the day on Friday (yes, I even took a day off of work to cook...I am sick, sick in the head...haha). Ok, really, all kidding aside, I need tried & true remedies......something that works fast. Any help is greatly appreciated!!

Thanks all.... I know that there are a lot of "mom's" out there and who better than to ask for advice than a few hundred mom's?

(not saying you Dad's out there aren't good for advice...just figured the odds are better with the Mom's...)

Thanks again.... Valerie

Yes, I believe I will be going to bed early tonight....
yes.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
Tried and true chicken soup!!
yes.gif
Hope you are feeling better for the big wing-ding. Usually a cold you have to let it play out...if you don't feel any better, best thing to do is see your doctor for anyother meds and symptom relievers.....or even your pharmacist might be able to help you.

A hot drink consisting of boiling water, lemon juice, honey & Crown Royal (whiskey)--I used to use brandy, but once had none on hand so tried Crown Royal & it worked fine! (I'm not a drinker, but finally found a medicinal use for my Christmas bottle from work!)

This drink is very soothing for a sore throat, plus it helps ease congestion & will help you get a good sleep.

Thanks for the ideas so far.......I will give them both a shot.... I will have to look around to see if we have any whiskey......guess in a pinch I can substitute a little rum?.... can't hurt to try...thanks guys! Now I am off to make my little tonic & then to bed.

yes.gif

I swear by those zinc cold remedies! Coldeze. They really cut the duration of a cold down in my opinion. The cough drops taste pretty gross, but they have these nose swabs, which are also gross but at least you do not taste them. I hope you are feeling better soon!

ill.gif

We have found at my work that zinc, chicken soup, vit C 1000mcg x daily helps beef the system up to get you back on tack as quick as possible- Hope you feel better.

Valerie! Do you have a dishwasher?

While it is running, open up the door. Shove your face into the hot steam. You'll get instant relief.

At the drug store, there is a medicated hot tea. I think tylenol makes it, or some big name brand, which of course I forgot. I drank this tea one Christmas when I was feeling sicky and it really helped.

Anyone remember who makes this stuff?

Ok, I am awake & feeling kinda/sorta perkier this morn....still have that nagging feeling of a cold coming on, but I did the lemon juice/honey (ok I subbed rum) and took a swig of that before bed last night & I found some "wellness" vitamins in my cupboard took some of those...not sure which is helping, but I sure appreciate all your suggestions so far.....

Actually Marty, my dishwasher is my husband.(I cook he cleans).....probably wouldn't do me much good to have him open his mouth & put my face near it.....(haha...ok, so I still have my sense of humor, that is good)....... ok to be serious though, I could improvise & put a pan on the stove & create steam & put a towel over my head etc..... and yep, I will look for the cold remedys etc at the store before I head to work this morn.

Thanks .....see I knew you guys would come through for me!!
aktion033.gif

Marty are you talking about "Thera-flu"? That stuff knocks me on my butt!! Makes me very sleepy.
517.gif

Back