Help I am deathly affraid of grass hoppers!

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MiniMaid

Reaction score
They scare the crap out of me HELP! please! please! please please! I would like rather die then see one!
default_no.gif
default_no.gif

Theres nothing you can do, unless you can get over your fear.

By the sounds of it they are eating you alive, currently. :)

you want to roast them slowly and then after they have cooled down dip them in melted chocolate. Hhmmmmmmm crunchy YUM

Bite their little heads off, nibble on their tiny feet.

you want to roast them slowly and then after they have cooled down dip them in melted chocolate. Hhmmmmmmm crunchy YUM
Bite their little heads off, nibble on their tiny feet.

um sorry no
default_wink.png

Goodness, I hope you don't live in the Midwest, USA. They are everywhere I walk. I don't like it when they jump on me, but they don't bite and they can't hurt you. Now, spiders...yuckkk... I am terrified of spiders!

Throw a ball.

Then teach them to go get it.

And not come back.
default_saludando.gif

Goodness, I hope you don't live in the Midwest, USA. They are everywhere I walk. I don't like it when they jump on me, but they don't bite and they can't hurt you. Now, spiders...yuckkk... I am terrified of spiders!
i am in ohio and i would rather have been bitten by a black widow than have a grass hopper on my lap

Throw a ball. Then teach them to go get it.

And not come back.
default_saludando.gif
lol
default_wink.png

Ok...If you are really afraid - I am NOT a phycologist. My son has took some classes - but, this it just what I have " heard" on tv, etc.

First remember a grass hopper can NOT hurt YOU.

Now, either buy a book or have someone buy it for you. A cheap childrens book would even work.

Start by LOOKING at the grass hopper until you get over that fear.

Then touch the grass hopper on the book - and then get over that fear.

Alway's remembering they CAN NOT HURT YOU.

Then have someone put a live one in a cage - ( first see if they can live in a cage and how to take care of them). I don't know if they can or not.

If they can - just watch it - until that fear is over. Then try touching it.

This can be a short or long process depending on how great your fear is.

Now - If this is a joke - I am going to feel really stupid ...LOL. But, if you really have a strong fear I am just telling you what I have heard and watched on tv about getting over certain fears.

I am NOT by any means a professional. Just trying to help.

Ok...If you are really afraid - I am NOT a phycologist. My son has took some classes - but, this it just what I have " heard" on tv, etc.
First remember a grass hopper can NOT hurt YOU.

Now, either buy a book or have someone buy it for you. A cheap childrens book would even work.

Start by LOOKING at the grass hopper until you get over that fear.

Then touch the grass hopper on the book - and then get over that fear.

Alway's remembering they CAN NOT HURT YOU.

Then have someone put a live one in a cage - ( first see if they can live in a cage and how to take care of them). I don't know if they can or not.

If they can - just watch it - until that fear is over. Then try touching it.

This can be a short or long process depending on how great your fear is.

Now - If this is a joke - I am going to feel really stupid ...LOL. But, if you really have a strong fear I am just telling you what I have heard and watched on tv about getting over certain fears.

I am NOT by any means a professional. Just trying to help.
good ideea thx

goingto bed will check again in morning!

Oh, you would love it around here! We do have grasshoppers everywhere (though they are still not as bad as they were in 1991) that year wherever you walked there were clouds of grasshoppers flying up in front of you--this year there are just "some" of them flying up in front of you...no clouds of them!

Do remember they cannot hurt you--they might pinch, but won't make you sick the way a black widow bite will--they are just ugly, and those sticky little feet are kind of repulsive when they land on you.

But...my Teddy Bear (cat) likes to play with grasshoppers. He goes outside, catches himself a hopper & brings it into the house through the cat door. He plays with it until he loses it under or behind something, then he leaves it and wanders off, perhaps to catch another one. So, we find grasshoppers hanging out in the strangest places in here.

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh, you would love it around here! We do have grasshoppers everywhere (though they are still not as bad as they were in 1991) that year wherever you walked there were clouds of grasshoppers flying up in front of you--this year there are just "some" of them flying up in front of you...no clouds of them!
Do remember they cannot hurt you--they might pinch, but won't make you sick the way a black widow bite will--they are just ugly, and those sticky little feet are kind of repulsive when they land on you.

But...my Teddy Bear (cat) likes to play with grasshoppers. He goes outside, catches himself a hopper & brings it into the house through the cat door. He plays with it until he loses it under or behind something, then he leaves it and wanders off, perhaps to catch another one. So, we find grasshoppers hanging out in the strangest places in here.
lol @ teddy bear!
default_wink.png
We barley have any here but @ ashlys (ionafarms duaghter) We have 2 feed her horses like @least 1 time a week and she has em .......................................EVERYWERE and @ the house we are building I was sittin inside and one jumped on my lap And I like freaked out and I started running around in circles and crying like the reaction a 2 year old would get
default_unsure.png

Throw a ball. Then teach them to go get it.

And not come back.
default_saludando.gif

Teeheehee, Is that how you get rid of your toads and frogs, Marty? You know I thought of you so often this summer. Everywhere you go they have toads and frogs for sale. If I was rich I'd have bought some and sent them to you. Wait maybe I could just buy you a ball to throw at them.
default_laugh.png
default_laugh.png
default_laugh.png

Just be glad you don't live in South Africa. We saw a really pretty bright green grasshopper that had beautiful bright red legs with spikes on them! He was about 3" long. Our PH told us to stay away from them because they will jump on you and drive the spikes into you. I know that probably doesn't help you much!

When I was very young, we made a home movie of a praying mantis eating a grasshopper. It was pretty cool. Even now when we watch it you can hear the crunching!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Back