Help! How do I get my Miniature Horse to stop eating grass and work?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
DanniGirl, what certain feeding idea?
I have seen a couple of people say that he might be acting up because you are working him during his feeding time. I don't happen to believe that it should matter. As long as he gets enough to eat sometime during his day, it should be you that controls him whenever you like. We show horses and if they were allowed to behave badly just because it was their "feeding time" then there would be a problem at a lot of shows. Mine all have learned that they "will" get fed sometime so they are a bit more patient.

It could be because you are only 10 yet and haven't developed your sence of presence so he is taking advantage of you.

My daugter had the same problem at first.

Now she has more presence and diva listens.

Keep working with him and don't let him get away with anything.

What you expect from your big horse expect from him.

Ask your mom for help when you need it.

Don't give up you will get there.

I have seen a couple of people say that he might be acting up because you are working him during his feeding time. I don't happen to believe that it should matter. As long as he gets enough to eat sometime during his day, it should be you that controls him whenever you like. We show horses and if they were allowed to behave badly just because it was their "feeding time" then there would be a problem at a lot of shows. Mine all have learned that they "will" get fed sometime so they are a bit more patient.
Oh, I see. Lol it was a typing mistake, and I fixed that later lol. I feed him from 11:00 AM to 4:00 PM so he is not being worked during his feed time.

Latest posts

Back