HELP-can't find hay hauler

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kimie28

Reaction score
I have a friend that lives in Ontario that just cut and baled Tons of hay. She is willing to give me a great price (friends going in on too) but I can't seem to find somebody to haul it. I know it will be expensive but with the prices down here in Florida, it will still be cheaper than buying by the bale at the local feed stores. Does anybody know a hauler or even horse hauler that can haul 300 to 600 bales of hay about 50 lbs each? THANKS!

When we shipped we called Werner trucking.

They also have a division that works with independent contractors.

They were the most reasonable that we found then.

Only problem is someone there will have to load it.

kimi28 you just hit paydirt! Congratulations on your hay find. I love Canadian hay especially if its T&A

When I lived near you we hired an independent trucker to bring Canadian hay to us in Venice and Port Charlotte areas. A lot of us chipped in together for the load and makes for a lot of great hay affordable for us all. Hit the Charlotte Shopper there for truckers. We have a lot of parked truckers here now that cannot afford to move. The only thing though that might screw up your deal would be the cost of diesel right now which may send the hay price over the top. If you need anyone to chip in with you also let me know, I might be able to if the price is right. Good luck to you!

kimi28 you just hit paydirt! Congratulations on your hay find. I love Canadian hay especially if its T&A

When I lived near you we hired an independent trucker to bring Canadian hay to us in Venice and Port Charlotte areas. A lot of us chipped in together for the load and makes for a lot of great hay affordable for us all. Hit the Charlotte Shopper there for truckers. We have a lot of parked truckers here now that cannot afford to move. The only thing though that might screw up your deal would be the cost of diesel right now which may send the hay price over the top. If you need anyone to chip in with you also let me know, I might be able to if the price is right. Good luck to you!
Thanks for the advice Marty! I will have a look at the Shopper and I am surprised with all the truckers sitting, they wouldn't even try to give a haul price. I have it listed on that Uship.com, up for bids....not a one and it has been several days. Between friends and I, I have about 300 bales sold but she will let me buy up to 600 and it is some nice looking T&A! (she sent me pictures) The price is PERFECT too! I can not believe down here for T&A we have to pay $11 - $13 a bale and most of that surley is due to the haul cost! From what I have read on other bids and quotes other people seemed to have gotten, I am estimating per bale to be $3 to $5 cheaper per bale IF I can get this deal wrapped up. It really depends on the transport cost how much savings we can get it at. I even found a train company that could take it from Buffalo, NY (she is 160 miles from there) to Florida according to their ads and website but I can't seem to get and email OR CALL BACK!! Very frustrating!! Why advertise if you do not RESPOND!!! Makes me crazy....sorry, had to vent!
default_new_shocked.gif

I would estimate on the LOW side to hire a truck, as in semi truck you will be lucky to get 1.50 a mile. That may give you a ballpark to work with. My husband runs a truck brokerage company, and we own 4 18 wheelers, and that is the going rate for a desperate truck....And if they don't have anything going up there then you may get charged for empty mileage as well...Keep in mind the semi trucks average 5-7 miles per gallon. Just an idea, I hope you find something cheaper to make it worth your while.

I would estimate on the LOW side to hire a truck, as in semi truck you will be lucky to get 1.50 a mile. That may give you a ballpark to work with. My husband runs a truck brokerage company, and we own 4 18 wheelers, and that is the going rate for a desperate truck....And if they don't have anything going up there then you may get charged for empty mileage as well...Keep in mind the semi trucks average 5-7 miles per gallon. Just an idea, I hope you find something cheaper to make it worth your while.

Latest posts

Back