Hello!! Want to indroduce myself and my new mini!

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MisFit Farms

Reaction score
Hello everyone!!

I have been reading on here for several weeks and decided to say hi! I am new to minis, but not new to horses. I have 2 Thoroughbred geldings ages 20 and 18. The 20yo I have had for 16 years, the younger for 3. On July 5th we brought home our newest edition, kahlua! She is a chesnut and white pinto filly. She just turned 4 months on July 23rd! So far it has been a blast! She is a sweetie pie!! I am going to try to post some pictures....

NewMartin008.jpg

Here is a picture of Kahlua and my 7 year old son the day we went to look at her! She was just over 3 months!

NewMartin010.jpg

Here she is the day we brought her home, July 5th.

KahluasHomecoming011.jpg

Here she is kicking up her heals!!

KahluasHomecoming004.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Hello and Welcome from Ohio !! Congratulations on your new filly. She is a cutie..

Welcome from British Columbia, Canada. Congratulations on the pretty little filly and joining the wonderful world of miniatures. You are going to see how addictive they are and why they say they are like potato chips (you can never have just one)
default_wink.png

Hi and welcome from Southern Oregon!!
default_saludando.gif
Cute little girl you've got there!
default_wub.png

Thanks Everybody!

Believe me..there has already been talk on getting another in the future. She keeps me busy enough! We are working on a kicking and biting problem right now. She tried it with me and didn't get away with it, but she tends to want to bully my kids and husband. Maybe they are lower on her pecking list? She only does it when it is feeding time. This is not only my first time with a mini, but my first time with a foal. I am enjoying every minute!

Welcome to the forum! What an absolutely adorable girl!
default_wub.png
I hope you continue to share pictures of her with us as she grows up! :love

Very pretty. But you can certainly see the attitude in the photo with the cute little girl (who should have shoes on by the way!! - Sorry mom in me coming out, but those little hooves are sharp as razors !!)
default_biggrin.png

Best wishes from the Middle of the Mitten

Welcome to the forum! Your little filly sure is a cutie patootie. I especially like the ones with a little bit of an attitude--they definitely keep things interesting. So tell us more about your filly--how'd you find her? Are your kids going to show her in 4H? Is she registered? I wonder what your Thoroughbreds think of her? (I had a friend bring her QH mare over once and she was scared of the little guys.) Congratulations on your new girl!

I found her through word of mouth. A friend of a friend bought her and her mother from a farm that my farrier does. My farrier specializes in minis and he does most of the mini farms here. As for her feet, I don't have shoes on any of mine, my farrier agreed that she doesn't need them right now at only 4 months. He trimmed her after those pics were taken, they were awfully long. And for her attitude, I would call it sassy
default_wink.png
. Being a girl and all, a little sass is good! She is not registered yet, haven't really given it much thought. She is more of just a pet and maybe we will teach her to drive when she is a bit older. My big guys love her. I have walked her out to the pasture with them, but she has never been turned out with them. I am scared she may get hurt being so small. They are 16.1 and 16.2..big guys. I don't think I will be showing her, maybe fun classes if anything. I am not sure how the whole showing thing goes. I know nothing about showing minis..lol.

Welcome from sunny and hot Arizona!!! Congrats on your Mini and I am sure you will have a lot of fun!

Welcome from the hollow in NY and by "shoes", she meant on the pretty child not the pony!
default_laugh.png

Welcome from the hollow in NY and by "shoes", she meant on the pretty child not the pony!
default_laugh.png

LOL....Ok...I forgot what pics I put on there....yes, she didn't have shoes on!!! She should have...I totally agree....
default_laugh.png
(feeling silly over here) LOL.

Your filly is adorable and your family will enjoy her so much! Welcome-

Peggy

www.albahurst.com

Latest posts

Back