Hello new here and need advice.

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Xarea314, Jul 23, 2019.

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk by donating:

1. Jul 23, 2019 #1

Xarea314

Xarea314

Xarea314

My daughter, she is 16, just recently agreed to help clean up and train a herd of mini horses. She knows horses, but not so much about minis. Mind you she knows a lot about horses, how to clean, groom, muck a stall and basic training and can also ride and jump and barrel race, all I am trying to say she isn't a novice around horses. These minis are very unsocialized and spook easily. She is trying to handle that but she said the temperate isn't what she is used to, but the horses are super coated in tarweed and attempt to help them...well not got going well. She got some of it out with mineral oil, but the horses hate the hose, they have never seen one in many many years. There are 3 stallions that have never been trained, but it is funny to watch her try to catch one and lasso them. They give in after a few short laps to get a bridle on while they eat a treat. What I'm asking does anyone have great tips with training a mini and getting tarweed out? She is helping an elderly woman in our church.

2. Jul 30, 2019 #2

Ryan Johnson

Ryan Johnson

Ryan Johnson

How many minis are we talking about ?

Welcome to the forum :)

3. Sep 16, 2019 #3

bellawatson492

bellawatson492

bellawatson492

Ohh wow glad to know that your daughter agrees to care. How many minis do you have?