Hello! My name is Kathy and I live in Wisconsin. New to Mini Forum

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

smallpackages

Reaction score
Hello All,

I just joined this forum so I can learn as much as possible. I do not currently own a mini but am on the hunt. I own a beautiful AQHA that I show Western Pleasure. However, I want to get involved with Therapy thus the search for my first mini. I know horses and I know these little packages are just smaller versions of a horse and require the same type of respect and manners. I love doing ground work and other fun still with my horse. If anyone knows of a nice mini under 30" that would be suitable for this type of work, please let me know. I do not plan on breeding or showing. Anyways, lots of info on here and I look forward to this next adventure in my equine world!!!
default_smile.png

Kathy

Hello from Southern Illinois!
default_saludando.gif
This is a great place to learn and ask questions. A few pointers if I may...never worm a mini with Quest, they take far less feed than a big horse(they are easy to over feed), it is hard to have just one. They are just wonderful little equines!!!!
default_wub.png
Good luck in your search for the perfect lil partner. Take your time and you will be rewarded tenfold. You may try looking into Miniature horse rescues, there are many in need of a loving home.

Last edited by a moderator:
Zephyr Woods Farm is in Wisconson. "Kitty" has a wonderful line up for sale and can help you and any questins you may have. I own 2 from her!

Hi Kathy

we are in southwest WI just about 30 min south of La Crosse.

If I can help, drop me an email.

We are always happy to "talk" minis and answer questions if we can.

Anne

Hi Kathy.....
default_saludando.gif
Welcome to the mini world. I too am in WI, near Madison. You have come to the right place to learn.

Thank you all so much for a warm welcome. I love that..much better then my WP forum which seems to always be arguing about something or other, and I am so over it!!! Infact, I doubt I'll even show this year, and just let my horse have some fun out on the trails!! I am providing my email address and I hope that isn't against any forum rules, should anyone come across a mini for sale that might fit what I am looking for. I have checked most local rescues but most of the minis are too big for therapy work. Anyways, thanks again. [email protected].

A big welcome from the warm, sunny upper desert of Southern California!!!
default_yes.gif
We own and show AQHA reiners! Welcome!!

Hi and welcome to the wonderful world of minis! This forum is awesome, some of the nicest forum members around.

Have you tried the sales board portion of the forum? You can open an account and place an ad on there, many forum members do scan that on a regular basis. It's one of those routines that go with our morning coffee
default_smile.png

Welcome to the forum from CT! We are just getting into therapy work with our minis and you can see some photos on our website under the 4-H section. Here is the direct link but there is also a lot more info on minis that was written fro the 4-Hers and might be useful: http://www.ontargetminiatures.com/little-hooves-bickfords-2012-gallery.html

You can also see the things we and our 4-Hers do with our minis. You will love it!

Welcome to the forum!!!
default_smile.png

Put a want ad on the free sale board here and see what offers you get. The link is at the top of the page
default_smile.png

Hi from far north Illinois near the Wisconsin stateline! I hope this is OK to post-but if you are close enough or want to travel for a great day or weekend-try the Midwest Horse Fair at the Alliant Energy Center in Madison, Wisconsin on April 19-21st of this year. It is a huge and great event. There will be many minis represented and several demos. I great place to look and learn! We do all kinds of things with our minis and enjoy them hugely!

Welcome, don't know where you are located but we are 40 miles north of Milwaukee. There are 2 miniature horse clubs in Wisconsin. The NE Wisconsin miniature that has 2 AMHR rated shows located near Pulaski (northwest of Green Bay) and the SE Wisconsin Miniature that has an open show, a club fun show, and goes to parades and meets around Manitowoc/Sheboygan. Their website is www.sewmec.com You might want to give it a look for horses for sale.

I also happend to have one for sale. He is 31.5" and very laid back but would be more for showing as he drives too.

If you want to talk horses, I love to visit. Contact me thru our website below.

Latest posts

Back