HELLO!!!! Long time no 'see'

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Equuisize

Reaction score
So much has happened in the past 5 months since the November 7th floods wiped out our

home and business but life has finally settled down to a roar...... I am able to access the

computer again and am looking forward to catching up on everyone's lives and seeing how

the everyone's 'kids' are doing.....

Before I do any catch up I want to THANK YOU ALL, THANK Cheyenne, (Sterling) for all the

support you gave us during this tramautic time in our lives. The auction Cheyenne put together

and you all supported so generously was soooooooo appreciated by us there will never be

words to express, totally, our thanks and feelings. The money Cheyenne forwarded to us, from the auction proceeds, was used to pay the board on our horses. Which in turn meant that we didn't have

to comtemplate the thought that maybe we'd have to sell them....... Not having to worry

about loosing 'my kids' kept my mind together as a life without them was not fathomable on top of

everything else. It would have been one loss to many.

The flood wiped our whole community out. We are waiting now for the county to buy us out. At the slow rate that the bureauacy moves we hope that will happen in our lifetime.
default_rolleyes.gif
:

But in every tragedy there is some good and in our community we lost no human lives and we all got our pets out and that is something we chose to concentrate on.......it could have been worse.

In the meantime we are, I guess, enjoying retirement, if that's what you'd like to call it. More like an enforced retirement. It was odd to be homeless and unemployed and fearing like we might be a step away from a cardboard box in an alley somewhere.......but the generosity of human spirit shone though and

so many people came forward to help us, it boggled our minds.

Some friends offered us to live in their bunkhouse on their horse property. It was 500 square feet and looked out over their horse pastures and it was lovely.....500 sq ft never looked so good and it was on high ground --- a new requisite for any property we look at in the future. It was quiet, calm

and peaceful albeit a bit rustic. Michael got to rebuild some muscles, he forgotten about, by chopping wood as it only had a wood stove for heat. We were content and happy there while we kind of regrouped our senses.

An old friend our ours just passed on April 1st from cancer.....our plan with him was that when he got to the last stages was that he would have come lived with us, as we had a single level house. The flood of course took care of that plan..... So we moved in with him. In his final disposition of his estate he gave us his house. We are no longer homeless....... It is a gift of such monumental proportions that we still haven't absorbed it .

Funny how things work out.......doors close and windows open.

I guess we have to believe that everything happens for a reason, that we flooded so that we were available to care for him and let him live out his final wishes, which was to die at home.

We hope to see some settlement of the issues with our home and business but for now we are settling

into a routine again, ponies are all fine, our Chevy puppy who has moved 3 times in the past 5 months has been a rock about all the upheaval in his 10 months of life, he brought us so much laughter and smiles with his silly puppy ways.

So that is my catch up news and I hope over the next while I can catch up with all that has gone on with you all.

Once again, THANKS, for all your positive thoughts and input... You will never know how much it meant to us to know you were out there, in your corner rooting for us.

You will always remain in our hearts for the spirit of your generosity and graceful way.

Welcome back Nancy!

It's good to know things are starting to improve for you.

Keeping you in my prayers (until you no longer need them).

:new_shocked: :saludando:

:risa8: :new_multi: [SIZE=14pt]YOU'RE BACK!!!!!!!!!!! [/SIZE]

YAAAAAAY!!!!!!! :bgrin

so happy to hear from you again. glad to know all of your "kids" are doing well, and everybody's in good spirits.
default_yes.gif
: welcome back, nancy, from all your forum buddies.

Welcome back Nancy! Glad to hear things are getting better for you all. Wishing you continued blessings, you certainly deserve it!

Ohhhh Nancy it is nice to see you on! It is amazing how one thing can change your whole lives in an instance.

I am so sorry about the loss of your friend, but you know he is on the other side happy and even happier because he knew you needed and would love his home also. You can imagine how good that felt. I am happy things are getting better, even if it is slow. I am sorry about that. And happy that you have you little horsie babies still. I pray things will start going on a direct upward path now!

Hey Nancy, nice to see you made it on!!!! Welcome back.

Welcome back Nancy! :aktion033:
default_wub.png
:

I am so glad things worked out so well for you.

When you do good things, good things come back to you!

Good luck with the government as well :eek:

Hugs

Bonnie

Welcome back Nancy! We missed you and things have indeed been busy here in the NW corner of the forum since you've been gone. There's a lot to catch up on! New foals, several sad losses, a bunch of new purchases, several horses got started in harness and/or are making their show debuts, all sorts of things! I'm glad the reflection of the sun off the flood waters in your life is apparently blinding you. :bgrin Good fortune is found in the strangest of places and I'm glad it snuck into your life when you most needed it.

Keeping you in my thoughts,

Leia

My dear friend Nancy...it's is so good to have you back! I've missed you, our chats and your sisterly advice. Welcome BACK!!! It was so nice chatting on the phone today and hearing again in your voice that radience that seemed to slip by you when the flood took place. ((Huggsszz))!!!!

Nancy!!!

I've missed your sunny outlook and positive spirit here and in person!

I'm so glad to hear that things for you and Michael are returning to normal.

Great people engender great friendships, and you two are the best! I'm sorry that your friend passed....he s ounds like an incredible man. His gift to you was truly your gift to him -- how rarely in life do we have the means of giving someone something they so truly need? He left in absolute peace, knowing that he had given his devoted friends the gift of a home.

I hope that as you continue to settle back into your lives that you have a chance to come visit at some of the shows, CDEs or the beach drive!

Oh my gosh Nancy you are really back!!!!!!!!!!!!

WELCOME HOME!!!!!!!!!!!!

Latest posts

Back