Hello I have a Mini that my DH bought

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bluesage

Reaction score
Hello, to make a long story short my DH not being able to say No to anybody bought this Mini from some guy for $100.00 He obviously wasnt thinking because we really dont have a place to keep this little guy. He is one of the bigger Minis I think about 34 in. I need to find a home for him asap but I dont know how to do this I am too worried about who might end up with him but I really dont want to lose our $100 either. Can somebody direct me on what to do? I am really really stressed about this!! We are renting and arent even sopposed to have livestock here and I am afraid we are going to get into trouble.

Thanks Adelle

Where are you located??

I would think there's someone here who would know of someone wanting your little guy & who'd be willing to pay you the $100 for him...

Do you have a photo?

Let us know where you are. I'm sure we can find a good home for him. We just need a little more info.

Ginny

Sorry I guess that would help a bit wouldnt it LOL. My son has high functioning autisum and I am taking him here and there for all kinds of testing and therapy etc. My mind isnt working like it should be. I live in Ca. The closest major city to me is Fresno. I dont have a picture of the mini but I can take one. His name is Pongo he is around 12 yrs. old. He is so sweet he is like a dog following you around. I was told he is broke to be ridden by a small child. He was the bottom of the pecking order and seems very mild mannered.

I"m glad you found this board. I am sure help is on the way.

What is a DH?

LOL!!! Marty, I am glad I am not the only one. I keep seeing DH in posts and can't figure it out either. The only DH I know is Designated Hitter in baseball. Maybe DH in this case is Darling Hubby???

OH Marty, you should know what DH is. After all, you have one! LOL!

Bluesage,

Did you post your mini on the LB sales pages? Try that first. Just make sure that who ever you sell him to has horse knowledge. Also, ask on the main forum what questions are commonly asked by sellers to potential buyers. THat will give you a great starting point.

If you can't get him sold, then CMHR may be able to help if you are willing to donate him to us. Of course we would have to work with you on the details, and would have to see if we have a foster home in the area. And CA is sparse in help available. So would be best if you can place him first, and if that fails, then we could maybe work out something. Email me if you can't place him. The addy is [email protected]

Hint for Marty..... Dear Husband or Dearest Husband, or Dear Hubby.... You choose.

Last edited by a moderator:
SunQuest, I was wondering about the DH too, thanks for clearing that up...lol...but dont it also stand for darn (and of course another choice word!!) husband especially when we dont get our own way with our minis! I will help spread the word around about this mini, but I am so sure she will find someone out in California who would love to have him for a pal. Corinne

I will put the word out for you in Ca as well but ginny is pretty good at finding wonderful homes :)

DH.....good one.
laugh.gif

I always referred to mine as "Mr Wonderful" when I wasn't quite as enthused with him as normal. Became a real sweety type joke. I've thought of naming a foal that, in honor of my late hubby (who, by the way, was truly wonderful!)

Latest posts

Back